Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recommend me a mouse sensitivity?

Magic

Hi guys!

Basically right now i'm trying to find the right mouse sensitivity for myself and I don't really know what it should be for me. People have told me to look at my DPI which I have no clue what that means. Currently I play on a 5.58 sensitivity. I do not own a gaming mouse as my setup is very poor. But I will post a link of my mouse with its DPI and if someone can recommend me a sensitivity it would help me out a lot.

Thanks

MaGiC

My mouse: http://www.hardwarest.com/product/Logitech-Optical-M-UV96-Black-USB-15067.html

Its a bit hard to recommend someone a mouse sensitivity even while knowing the dpi of your mouse. You say you use 5.58 sens with that mouse that has 800dpi while I use 36 sense with raw input in css (mouse accel from windows disabled) with a mouse that has about the same dpi. Best thing to do is find what sens you're more comfortable with, if you need to make quick turns and need fast reaction then turn it up a bit, if you need more precision then lower it.

I use such a high sensitivity because I bhop and don't have much mouse space to move around, so just a quick flick and I'm doing quick and easy turns around corners and walls :D So its pretty much preference I guess :) everyone thinks its crazy to use 36 sens but I use it because it helps my bhop. :3

• Like 1

I would just you default I use that for prep and its good unless you want slide then go 10 above default

if you find default isnt fast enough for you do NOT adjust mouse sensitivity in game.. Why? adjust it in your control panel. If your in game sensitivity is the same as your windows, as you derp around on the internet and click on stuff you build a muscle memory on how far to move your mouse to get to that location on your screen. That muscle memory could be half second speed increase that gets you the kill and or headshot over your enemy in game. For RTS it is even better as you know just how fast your mouse strides are and where to move them just from browsing Facebook at the same speed. It helps out alot.

If you're playing css, and looking for a more accurate setting...change the sensitivity so that you can move your mouse from one side of your mousepad to the other side and do one full 180.

I dont have that!

Anyways, you should get yourself a sensitivity that YOU like, it's all about preference,

but here is mine

400DPI

2 sensitivity ingame (css)

and 4//11 windows sensitivity

I play at 1400 DPI 6/11 windows sensitivity ( default) and in game is .64

The reason i say default windows sensitivity is because on how much it changes your skipping of the mouse. Open up a paint file. And swipe your mouse to make fast but accurate loops from ne to sw conners. If the default sensitivity is good. It should not skip.

This is just a small step in this guide http://counterstrikesourcetactics.blogspot.com/2008/02/css-mouse-optimization-guide.html?m=1

There is a post in the css division about this exact same thing. Follow the formula and you should be fine adjusting it.