Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

GMOD | Ban Request: Papa John

WhataWackaMonk

In-Game Name/Steam Name:

Papa John

Their Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:0

Reason:

Blacklist/slaying/loss of 2k

Server Type

GMOD

What Server were they on?

PERP

Proof

Additional Proof

I have 10 screenshots of the console that covers the whole of the conversation...dont want to upload them all but if you feel its necessary...you can add me on steam or look on my profile

Additional Comments?

I understand the demo comes in a little bit short, but Papa should be looking out for this as he knows its here...he can confirm all events.

I was a cop...seeing Papa running around outside BK with an M4 on his back, i dutifully stopped and used a bind " say /yell Sir, please remove the gun from your back"

I yelled this but he kept running, unaware, I yelled again..whilst chasing after him....he entered the Tides. I entered after him... and tazered him, then arrested him. I went my way. I then was slayed....then finished off by admin commands....costing me 2k. Papa was waiting for me in the lobby. We then had a discussion. It consisted of me asking why i was slayed, him saying that it was basically a random arrest. He said that becuase the bind i used was a Yell, it was invalid. Or rather, because he didnt know I was running after him...it was invalid. After asking to see the rule this was included in...and I had broken...he blacklisted me from cop...purely because we were having this discussion. "Cor, really hammering the admin commands on me arent you" "No, Your answers gave that" (referring to me asking what rule i broke or soemthing along them lines, nothing offensive or anything like that)

I think that was the point i started recording. I kept asking for the set of rules I had broken that deserved a slaying and blacklisting.....but all he could come up with was "When you pull someone over, you have to tell them to pull over before use of force."

In responce to me saying I yelled, "Yes, but i was facing the opposite direction"

When I asked why he slayed me, "Make sure the person can hear you" (He believed that I was using my mike, not my chat.....indicating that his later claim that he didnt know the yell was directed at him is false...he was just not looking"

I did initially want to just walk away....but then he blacklisted me. Sorry for the rather long comment...but you know

*These edits are due to me going back over console and filling in precise quotes

Edited by Vao

@Thread

I wish you had posted this alittle sooner, have to go to work, but Ill see if I can explain a bit in this post.

As a police officer you were correct in issuing a warning, however, that warning was done via the /yell chat command which pretty much announced it to the whole city. Now if you had been staring at me face to face, or if I had known you were there in the first place even that would have been fine. However, you were yelling when I never saw you and had my back to you. When you warn someone you have to make sure they have the capacity to know that they are being told so by a police officer. Since cops can now walk faster then citizens it would have been easy for you to get in front of me a push your bind so I knew you were talking to me, instead you decide to use the tazer. You then went on to immediately arrest me after I got up from being tazed, instead of asking me (considering I couldn't move) to put my weapon away. If I had pulled out my weapon again after being tazed that would have provided cause for immediate threat, but I didn't even have the time to get a word in edgewise. So you were slayed for that, penalty for the arrest and wrongful warning. I respawned you after that to have a discussion with you about what happened and what to do next time but instead you decided to argue every single point I was making. It is because of the argument that I upgraded the slay to 2 hour blacklist because you it seemed you need to lookover exactly how to play cop again. You are not in the position to directly conflict with an admin, if your told something it is what it is, if you disagree there isn't a point in you getting into an argument that will inevitably lead you to further trouble. Instead post an abuse report on the admin or make a thread in the game section to discuss the topic. Upper staff will then be the ones to deal with the issue if it turns out you were correct in your assessment.

Edited by Papa John

http://cloud.dloaded.com/o/4ffb3c1379e25.dem

Just for you.

Thanks for your input....I think I covered most of it though. I would like to avoid using *arguement*, it makes it sound like we're a divorced couple. I had no attitude, It was just a discussion.

Also, argument or not, the blacklisting probably shouldnt have occured after your initial punitment of slaying me. A discussion over the rules (of which I have read every avialable copy, ingame and on the forums and cannot find anything regarding this situation), should not result in a blacklisting.

http://cloud.dloaded.com/o/4ffb3c1379e25.dem

Just for you.

Thanks for your input....I think I covered most of it though. I would like to avoid using *arguement*, it makes it sound like we're a divorced couple. I had no attitude, It was just a discussion.

Also, argument or not, the blacklisting probably shouldnt have occured after your initial punitment of slaying me. A discussion over the rules (of which I have read every avialable copy, ingame and on the forums and cannot find anything regarding this situation), should not result in a blacklisting.

I had no issue with the question of "why did x happen..." that was fine, what became the issue was that you pretty much started to question everything I said. Some "rules" have been defined in the perp forums section, such as warnings.

Sorry Kigen....

Again, I have screenshots of console, I was not questioning everything you said. Yes, I was questioning your judgement, but I think its an overstatement to say I was questioning EVERYTHING. You have also still not managed to link me to the rule I broke....

STOP POSTING PLEASE

After reviewing this whole situation, There has definitely been some sort of communication problem. There are problems on both side of the parties, but one is not controllable. The GarrysMod division will be having a meeting about the whole situation with warning who have guns on the back, because a lot of people including me thinks its fucking stupid to warn if someone carries a gun around. PapaJohn obviously did not hear your warning, which isn't really your fault cause its hard to yell with names and stuff. But like I said we will discuss that rule. Papajohn shouldn't of really blacklisted you, a slay wasn't really necessary either. This could of been resolved with a warning over OOC, cause then Papajohn would of realised that there was a communication issue. I looked at the demo and realised that Debrit may of been arguing a bit, but not bad enough to warrant a blacklist, AT ALL. PapaJohn from this issue it looks like you've jumped to conclusions instead of getting the info from the other player. There is a set protocol which goes WARN>KICK>BAN and it looks like you've jumped straight to a blacklist, which is close to being banned. The blacklist was stupid, because he was already warned for misusing his job but he did nothing JOB WISE that warranted a blacklist.

Reviewed thank you.

Obviously me and uppers will discuss this situation to come to a conclusion whether or not we will take action about the situation.