Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Looking for a Mordekaiser

DurielCain

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy rylais. It's very cost inefficient on champions who don't have single target spammable spells like kennen's shuriken or katarina's bouncing blade.

I would post a build but... Busy. More or less what Blu said but drop rylais and add guardian angel.

Don't buy rylais. It's very cost inefficient on champions who don't have single target spammable spells like kennen's shuriken or katarina's bouncing blade.

I would post a build but... Busy. More or less what Blu said but drop rylais and add guardian angel.

Really? Drop Rylais? That item is like totally made for Mordekaiser.

TBH, I would start out with either boots + pots, all pots, or Tome and pots. Build into a Gun then Sorcerer boots, then a Rylai's, then a Deathcap, and then a Void staff to finish off. I hardly ever get into a game that lasts after this so I suppose that's a personal preference. Mix or match Sorcerer Boots for Threads if you're getting targeted badly by an ap early on and you could mix or match a defensive item in this build.

Edited by DarkMonotone

Really? Drop Rylais? That item is like totally made for Mordekaiser.

TBH, I would start out with either boots + pots, all pots, or Tome and pots. Build into a Gun then Sorcerer boots, then a Rylai's, then a Deathcap, and then a Void staff to finish off. I hardly ever get into a game that lasts after this so I suppose that's a personal preference. Mix or match Sorcerer Boots for Threads if you're getting targeted badly by an ap early on and you could mix or match a defensive item in this build.

the reason he says to drop rylai's is mordekaiser doesn't have a single target spammable spell. see: ryze's overload, vladimir's transfusion, and as laz said, kennen's shuriken and kat's bouncing blade.

(note blu does not endorse buying rylai's on ryze, he was simply using him as an example of spamming.)

People overrate 15% slow, which rylais always becomes with morde's AOE and DOT spells. In this meta, if you don't have at least 50% slow or a root/stun you shouldn't prioritize it. 3100 gold for myenh stats and a weak slow is a poor choice. Morse is 100% burst/insta-gib, slows don't help much, especially weak ones.

Mordekaiser without DFG?

DFG is for champs who HAVE to nuke people to shit very quickly and only have 2/3 spells that deal the damage to do so. Champs like Leblanc, Veigar, Ahri, and Akali are good examples. Champs like Annie, Fizz, and Morde have kits that allow them to tank a bit of damage and so focusing on their ap ratios (Morde has 4 cuz he's a fa****) and utility (wota and abyssal for Morde) is more effective.

DFG is for champs who HAVE to nuke people to shit very quickly and only have 2/3 spells that deal the damage to do so. Champs like Leblanc, Veigar, Ahri, and Akali are good examples. Champs like Annie, Fizz, and Morde have kits that allow them to tank a bit of damage and so focusing on their ap ratios (Morde has 4 cuz he's a fa****) and utility (wota and abyssal for Morde) is more effective.

I strongly disagree. Most pros think of it as a core item atm. In late game the potential morde has to actually nuke the enemy carry just by walking up to him is extremely high with DFG, and being able to have 2 carrys in a teamfight by the start of it is terror.

These are examples of 2 builds from people who play above 2k elo and say that with WoA, DFG is CORE.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=22982#chap2

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=20123

People overrate 15% slow, which rylais always becomes with morde's AOE and DOT spells. In this meta, if you don't have at least 50% slow or a root/stun you shouldn't prioritize it. 3100 gold for myenh stats and a weak slow is a poor choice. Morse is 100% burst/insta-gib, slows don't help much, especially weak ones.

That item is totally built for Morde, and every pro match I've seen has had Rylai's. It offers him health, ability power, and a slow. None of his abilities offer any form of a cc and this item gives it to him.

That item is totally built for Morde, and every pro match I've seen has had Rylai's. It offers him health, ability power, and a slow. None of his abilities offer any form of a cc and this item gives it to him.

what laz is saying is that ON mordekaiser it is somewhat of a waste of 3000 gold because the 15% slow (which it always is on mordekaiser because all his abilities are AE) is very little compared to the 30% (unsure needs checking) that it gives to people with single target spells.

tl;dr yes it gives mordekaiser a (weak) cc but for 3100 gold it is just not worth a 15% slow.

what laz is saying is that ON mordekaiser it is somewhat of a waste of 3000 gold because the 15% slow (which it always is on mordekaiser because all his abilities are AE) is very little compared to the 30% (unsure needs checking) that it gives to people with single target spells.

tl;dr yes it gives mordekaiser a (weak) cc but for 3100 gold it is just not worth a 15% slow.

It is though, you're completely neglecting the fact that it also gives health and ability power two of the most crucial stats to Morde. He has no cc at all and the 15% may be small, it still adds cc to him. It's a consensus among professional Morde's that Rylai's is although not a priority item it is an item that every Morde needs.

It is though, you're completely neglecting the fact that it also gives health and ability power two of the most crucial stats to Morde. He has no cc at all and the 15% may be small, it still adds cc to him. It's a consensus among professional Morde's that Rylai's is although not a priority item it is an item that every Morde needs.

What blu is trying to say is that when buying an item you take in consider everything it offers. On a champion like cassiopeia, rylais is extrememly good simply because of her powerful sustained damage. That means that she takes FULL advantage of slow (30%) to keep everyone away from her while she is running around, doing as much damage as possible (And lets not also forget that the hp it gives makes it almost a must since she is squishy as fuck). Mordekaiser has one incredibly powerful kit against squishy enemies (Always prioritize carrys), and thats why items like DFG or Abyssal are much more beneficial on him since it makes his job much easier.

TL;DR Rylais is extremly cost inefficient on mordekaiser. Prioritize something else like Abyssal. Buy only when your team has absolutely no cc.

yes i know that it gives him health and AP which is what "every mordekaiser wants" but there are better items that synchronize better with his kit that only short out on the minimal amount of AP you would be missing out on swapping rylai's for say an abyssal scepter or for a lich bane. if you REALLY want rylai's just get it as your last item. hell i'm still guilty of buying it on mordekaiser.

as laz said earlier, you don't need DFG when you have 4 abilities that do damage and scale (somewhat) decently with AP. DFG is for people with only a couple of abilities that nuke people (veigar and LB are the first 2 that come to mind).

this thread is supposed to be dead but i need to say one thing

just try DFG on him. You will see the difference.