Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steps to surviving in DayZ

CletusP

Step 1: Scavenge for a Hatchet/Weapons/Food/Water

Step 2: Run to a city (Cherno, Electro are high population, should be cautious when in these 2 cities)

Step 3: Guns are usually found in the Firehouse (4 Story Tower with red doors and ladders)

Step 4: Supermarket! (Loot here for maybe a Makarov/M1911 Food/Water)

Step 5: Hospital (Use bandages to stop bleeding)

Step 6: Never use weapons unless NEEDED (It will aggro a SHIT-TON of zeds)

Step 7: Most of the heavy duty guns are found at the Nortwest Airfield, and at Helicopter Crashes

http://www.dayzdb.com/map

I use DayZCommander whenever I play, so I added it to my Steam Library as a Non-Steam game so I can have an overlay map while In-game so I don't have to alt+tab all the time.

Play with pairs (It's always safer to have friends around during a Zombie Apocalypse)

THIS GAME TAKES A LOT OF TIME TO RUN TO PEOPLE/PLAYERS, IT IS NOT FUN THE VERY FIRST TIME TO PLAY, IT TAKES A WHILE TO GET USED TO THE WAY THE MAP IS AND WHERE EVERYTHING IS.

Edited by CletusP

Step 1: Scavenge

Step 2: Kill Zombies

Step 2b: Kill Bandits

Step 3: Survive :D

But real answer is this game you can't really teach to someone. You need to get the game and run around for alittle bit and learn. Some things like controls, loot areas, ETC. can be taught but only to an extent. You need to play with a friend tho because it's almost impossible to play alone for most people.

steps to surviving?

its a military simulator...with a zombie mod built into it.

play it like you would if you were in the military and almost 100% of the time you wont die. ive only died twice, and one was because of a hacker. my longest life is like 18 hours of game time on the character