Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

BooT is starting to look into upgrading.

BooT

Alrighty HG. So here's my plan. Now that I started some sort of income, I want to start upgrading my shitty computer equipment. I have a small budget though since I do not make that much and I need my money for other things such as a gym membership and phone payments. ANYWAYS, all of the things that I need done will be listed in a much easier form of reading. ;)

Budget - I don't make much so each item has to be under $100 for sure.

note - I don't plan on spending over $60 for a mouse, it's just not happening.

Items on the menu

• headset
  • mouse
  • keyboard

Headset

I already have a headset that I plan on ordering eventually once I save up for it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043

The Razer Carcharias seems to be the best bet for me. (Thanks Rumor!)

Mouse

I honestly don't know shit about mice. I just want something with more dpi and some buttons on the side because I heard that you can use PTT with one of those buttons with Teamspeak and in-game voice thingies. That would be amazing. So I don't know what to look for, suggestions please?

Keyboard

I already have a keyboard in mind but I don't know if it's what I need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=23-109-191

Microsoft Sidewinder seems to be a great fit, but there could be something better out there that is same price or something around there?

So I need help with the keyboard and mouse portion of upgrading. The headset I am pretty set unless someone has a better bet.

I do not need a multi-platform headset although it would be kinda nice to have the option.

Thanks guys!

I have the sidewinder x4 keyboard. i love it. works great for me, plenty of buttons, i like having a back lit keyboard.

also have the sidewinder x5 mouse. good dpi, change dpi on the fly. has 2 buttons on the side. matches the keyboard good, since its the same product line.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105240

I've got the microsoft sidewinder mouse. Got the original sidewinder when it first came out and i love it. They discontinued them but there are still newer models. However the new ones are wireless (i prefer wired)

Mine http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-SideWinder-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B001BTWTWG

New one is the sidewinder x8 which i believe they also discontinued :\

Who needs a competitive keyboard? I need something that has

W,A,S,D,G,Caps Lock, Ctrl, and my numpad (Because I use binds to buy stuff in CS:S using that)

Now for a headset, you have picked a nice one, I have the Carcharias, and I absolutely love it, nothing bad to say about it,

for a mouse? Look at the Razer Deathadder 3.5G, it's what I use and it's more than enough for what you want to use it for ($50?)

Who needs a competitive keyboard? I need something that has

W,A,S,D,G,Caps Lock, Ctrl, and my numpad (Because I use binds to buy stuff in CS:S using that)

Now for a headset, you have picked a nice one, I have the Carcharias, and I absolutely love it, nothing bad to say about it,

for a mouse? Look at the Razer Deathadder 3.5G, it's what I use and it's more than enough for what you want to use it for ($50?)

I am just looking for more PTT possibilities and binds for BF3. You can never have too many great binds!

I am definitely interested in the Deathadder, I contacted a commentary professional and he uses the Deathadder as well. So that is probably going to be the mouse that I get!

As for those other mice, I hate that they are discontinued and not in stock. ):

The Sidewinder keyboard just went out of stock but luckily I don't have the money for it yet.

Thanks for your suggestions so far guys! :D

NOTE

I am 95% on the Deathadder but not sold on it yet. I have until I get the money. :P

I have the Razer Deathadder and it's perfect for me. At first, I didn't really like it due to the fact that I was using wireless mice before, so I thought it was abnormally light. Been using it on my Steelseries QcK mousepad, and it's great. ^^

I'm also looking into getting a new keyboard since mine is slowly dying. I'm working with a 2-key rollover at the moment. :3