Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows XP (Help)

TheDoctor

Hello, I am new recruit to HG, and would require some help regarding installing Windows XP, and would like to know if there is a way I can install Windows XP, without a CD.

Reason why I am is asking is because I can't install Windows XP over Windows 7 because it is an older version of Windows.

Windows XP is roughly 556 MB so putting the whole install feature on a USB Adapter (2GB Space), can that work? I am trying any possibility out there.

The reason's to having Windows XP is to have an increase of FPS within games.

(I also have another HDD at hand to install it, not over Windows 7 I am currently using).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I know you can't install windows 7 and XP side by side on your computer it just wont work out. Installing windows XP wont increase FPS within games trust me it has nothing to do with OS it's probably something with your video card or CPU. Windows 7 is a much better OS then windows XP.

If however you still won't listen to my previous tip of not installing XP then the only way possible that your asking is to download windows xp by torrenting it (which is illegal) and stick it in a usb and then doing a HARD FORMAT (Erasing everything [including the OS which is windows 7]) and then installing windows XP on the hard drive completely fresh which I have to remind you is a very stupid idea.

Hello, I am new recruit to HG, and would require some help regarding installing Windows XP, and would like to know if there is a way I can install Windows XP, without a CD.

Short answer, no

Long answer yes... there are many ways to deploy an image of Windows XP but you'll be spending more time configuring it and setting it up

e.g. USB drive or network-based deployments.

Reason why I am is asking is because I can't install Windows XP over Windows 7 because it is an older version of Windows.

Windows XP is roughly 556 MB so putting the whole install feature on a USB Adapter (2GB Space), can that work? I am trying any possibility out there.

Correct you can't however you can dual boot Windows 7 side by side with Windows XP without issues.

In regards to putting on a USB drive, yes it's possible but not all mobos will support it out of the box (more configuration at that point)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-windows-xp-on-a-netbook-using-a-usb-flash-drive.160906/

The reason's to having Windows XP is to have an increase of FPS within games.

It's unlikely but you probably won't see a huge difference unless you have an older computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html

This will give you a decent idea of where to start.

Hope it helps

I have had numerous computers and had installed Windows 7 first then had Windows XP and there is some difference within FPS, at the moment I know seems silly as I get a consistent 299 FPS within CSS without it capped up to 700+ FPS but I've reached 1000+ with Windows XP. Although I am very grateful for the help you've given me and the tips.

I have had numerous computers and had installed Windows 7 first then had Windows XP and there is some difference within FPS, at the moment I know seems silly as I get a consistent 299 FPS within CSS without it capped up to 700+ FPS but I've reached 1000+ with Windows XP. Although I am very grateful for the help you've given me and the tips.

Can we have the specs for your computer right now? Are your drivers updated for your video card?

Honestly I can't tell what the problem is, if you feel like windows XP is better then go for it nobody is stopping you but it seems silly that you would go for all that trouble for such a high FPS when playing something like C:SS but if you read my first reply the only way to install windows XP without a CD is through a USB by torrenting windows XP, Hard Format and then re-installing everything after.

True, honestly now it seems silly to me too, installing Windows XP is pretty much becoming outdated for drivers, and soon to be Windows 8, I'll stick with Windows 7, do you think my PC Specs are good enough for BF 3? The new Medal of Honour and games that require some FPS strains?