Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

GPU Switchable Graphics Problem

Business Kitten

Well my laptop has two graphics cards the integrated 6620g and the dedicated 6750m

For some reason its only picking up my 6620g and not my 6750m

I have created a post on HP forums about this but no one has been able to help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/6620g-6750m-GPU-Problem-Switchable-Graphics/td-p/1798997

If any one has any clue to fix this can you please talk to me :)

If you require any other information about my computer,drivers,bios just send me a message on the forums

Where do i start,

I want my computer only to use the 6750m ONLY, the 6620g just doesn't cut it. I don't know what to do

Should i use the F.1A bios that enable the fixed and dynamic options, but what driver should i use for my gpu, the latest 12.8 or should i use one that was released when the bios came out.

I know this gpu can stand its ground to newer game on med-high, nothing special ( its a laptop ) but i KNOW FOR A FACT that i should NOT be getting 10 fps on games

I have everything on low, ingame and on the drivers, driver is set to high performance and such but still not getting good results

I will be posting some pictures of benchmarks and such but the site i have been looking at for standards is

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6750M.43958.0.html

As you can see most of the games can be run at med-high at 30fps+ but yet i cant be running games such as Arma 2, Garrys Mod, Counter Strike Global Offensive at a steady frame rate.

Any ways i hope someone can help me with my problem

Specs:

GPU:AMD Radeon 6620G+6750M

CPU:AMD A-8 3500M

RAM: DDR3 8GB

Model : DV6-6144CA

If you have it set to Fixed, update your CCC/graphics drivers; there isn't a need to uninstall it unless you really old graphics drivers.

Then, in CCC, make sure you tell it to NOT switch to the power saving GPU. Based on your screenshot, it says your AMD dedicated GPU is kicking in.

Finally, make sure your power plan is set to "High Performance" when you game.

You shouldn't really need to update your BIOS unless you are encounter a specific issue that the BIOS is patching.

For the most part, I'd try the BIOS update if only these fail.

See: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2264694

See the thing is that my bios F.21 does not allow me to change me GPU from dynamic to fixed so that i can select the high power GPU (dGPU)

I have everything on low but still its not up to par with other peoples comp.

I have everything up to date and all but still not getting the fps i should be getting and it seem as if HP is avoiding the problem now

I found a fix from before http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/640466-dv6z-61xx-unlock-fixed-dynamic-switchable-graphics.html

but the only thing with this was that i think this was the cause of my computer black screening on me and having to send it in.

If you dont mind enigma can we teamview and have a chat about this if you have time on ts3

See the thing is that my bios F.21 does not allow me to change me GPU from dynamic to fixed so that i can select the high power GPU (dGPU)

I have everything on low but still its not up to par with other peoples comp.

I have everything up to date and all but still not getting the fps i should be getting and it seem as if HP is avoiding the problem now

I found a fix from before http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/640466-dv6z-61xx-unlock-fixed-dynamic-switchable-graphics.html

but the only thing with this was that i think this was the cause of my computer black screening on me and having to send it in.

If you dont mind enigma can we teamview and have a chat about this if you have time on ts3

sure when i'm not at work xD

i'm down to help

You might also need to set it considering it's a graphic card on a laptop.

You might have to go into the BIOS and set which graphics card for your computer to run from. I would try that..

See the only thing about that is i cant, because the F.21 bios dont allow me to get to those settings from what im aware of only the F.1A which is a downgrade :S

sure when i'm not at work xD

i'm down to help

Thanks man