Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Problem with Steam!

shan^K

Okay so I got this error about two days ago, "there was a problem with your steam installation, please reinstall steam." I ended up having to reinstall steam with all my games and whatnot. Everything is working fine than I get the same error again today for no apparent reason. There is no way I am going to keep reinstalling steam, if anybody has encountered this before or knows what to do kindly help me out. On steam forums there are countless fixes for this, I have tried to repair steam with the installer but that doesn't seem to work. Found a fix regarding deleting tier0_s.dll but that doesn't seem to do anything either. Any sort of help will be appreciated <3

i did have this issue it was a problem with my hard drive and the only way i could fix it was by going through the "error-checking procces" for the hard drive but that only fixed the issue for a little while and then it start happening again, in the end i ended up buying a new hard drive

I was just about to say it sounds like a hard drive problem.

I did all that you said enigma but the problem still persists. At my wits end I said fuck it and reinstalled steam but now I am getting another error "Steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 5 "Access is denied." What the fuck, now it won't reinstall or anything. fml, thanks for the help anyways.