Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question for speech writers

DarkMonotone

5-7 paragraph essay style. Tell them what you're about to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.

Open with a basic overview of what stem cells are, make your 3 paragraphs: Where do they come from?, What are they used for?, How can it benefit us in the future?. Wrap it up in the end, avoid any Chrstopher Reeves jokes and you should be solid.

5-7 paragraph essay style. Tell them what you're about to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.

Open with a basic overview of what stem cells are, make your 3 paragraphs: Where do they come from?, What are they used for?, How can it benefit us in the future?. Wrap it up in the end, avoid any Chrstopher Reeves jokes and you should be solid.

This man knows his shit. High five.

Dark, you should look into Toastmasters: http://www.toastmasters.org/

They are a huge organization with clubs all over the place. Their basic goal is to help with speech writing and public speaking. I did it for a few years at my previous job. It helps a bunch with giving speeches and learning to compose yourself when speaking.

Anyway, your speech should be in whatever format your speech teacher is looking for.

They are a huge organization with clubs all over the place. Their basic goal is to help with speech writing and public speaking. I did it for a few years at my previous job. It helps a bunch with giving speeches and learning to compose yourself when speaking.

Anyway, your speech should be in whatever format your speech teacher is looking for.

I know about Toastmasters, we watched some of their speeches the other day. It still disappoints me that despite them getting first place in a world wide competition, none of them received perfect scores when she graded them.

This is a good option too.

I know about Toastmasters, we watched some of their speeches the other day. It still disappoints me that despite them getting first place in a world wide competition, none of them received perfect scores when she graded them.

Sounds like she doesn't know how to give modern day speeches.