Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

need a solid katarina build for mid lane

Paradhyze

Ok ,

Go boots + x3 Health potions first

Rush Your rabadons going needlessly large rod first

Next sorcerors boots

then into Rylais for some tankiness ( At this stage you'll be getting focused so you will need it)

Next go Zhonya's or abyssal sceptre Zhonya's if your being focused, abyssal if your not

If you get this far go Deathfire's grasp

This will get you best damage output I think anyways.

Just Q E R ( Q for extra damage upon first ult hit)

???

Profit

Katarina is so strong right now. Rework made her so much better at farming and a much more efficient team fighter. That being said, I've made the switch that my friend xShadow recommended in that I now max W first. Along those lines, the typical build is:

Runes: MS Quints, AP/level or Flat AP Glyphs, Armor or AP/level Seals, and MPen Reds

Masteries: 21-9-0 or 21-0-9 (I usually got 21-0-9 for the movement speed)

Sum Spells: Ignite Flash (Always and forever)

Skills: R > W > Q > E (W allows for better laning because of the movement speed boost and farming ability. Makes the total burst of Q+W stronger.)

Items (what you're probably actually asking for XD):

Boots + Potions

If you need sustain: Hextech Revolver, Sorcerer's Shoes, Abyssal Scepter, Hextech Gunblade

If you need burst/damage: Kage's Pick: Sorcerer's Shoes, Haunting Guise, DFG, Abyssal Scepter

Rabadon's Deathcap

Zhonya's Hourglass (if you are being focused) or Rylai's Crystal Scepter (for stronger team fighting)

Guardian Angel

End game items: Sorcerer's Shoes, Abyssal Scepter, Rabadon's Deathcape, DFG/Hextech Gunblade, Zhonya's Hourglass, Guardian Angel

• 3 months later...

For runes:

+.87 magic pen x 9 (marks)

+.1 AP/level x 9 (seals)

+.17 AP/level x 9 (glyphs)

Masteries:

Offense:

3/4 Fury

4/4 Sorcery

4/4 Blast

3/3 Havoc

1/1 Arcane Knowledge

3/3 Mental Force

1/1 Spellsword

3/3 Sunder

4/4 Archmage

1/1 Executioner

Defense:

N/A

Utility:

3/3 Wanderer

Now onto the build.

What I do is start boots/3pots, and then I try to stay in lane until I have over 1200. If you have to back, buy an Amplifying tome (2 if you have enough), and pots (don't have more than 3). I rush the hell out of Hextech Revolver, because then you can have your spell vamp (and AP building later will benefit you greatly). With this sustain, you won't need to buy many more potions at all for the rest of laning phase. Use your W (spin with low cool down) for easy sustain on groups of minions. Next build towards Haunting Guise, and if I can only buy one part yet I will get the Ruby Crystal for extra health into later laning phase and beyond. Usually before I build Guise, I'll upAfter building Guise, go straight for Giants belt and build into Rylai's. You'll get your slow, and once you've that you can upgrade your Haunting Guise into Liandry's Torment (which does extra damage if they're under an effect). Once you've got Liandry's, start towards Abyssal, or Rabadons. I prefer to do Abyssal and save Rabadon's for late game, because you get magic resist and it gives an aura. Upgrade Revolver to Will of The Ancients if you feel like you need it somewhere in there by the way.

Edited by Rapt0r J3sus