Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Programming

Goat

Okay, let me just start off by saying that I love computers. I may not know a whole lot about them but what I have learned, I've enjoyed very much. In high school I took IT essentials and A+ certification classes and they are why I know what I know now. I dealt with the components of a computer and went in depth as to what role each part played. I understand the physical part of a computer but what I am anxious to learn is the inside of a computer. I was wondering if there was anyone or some individuals that are educated in this area and are willing to point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty of computers, learn machine code.... lol

JK, I would listen to Enigma. C++ seems to be one of the more widely known languages around. It is also used in a lot of programs and for instance our servers (correct me if i am wrong)

imo

OSes:

C++/Assembly

Web Apps:

PHP/Perl/Python/JavaScript/XHTML+CSS

Applications:

C#/C++ in the Windows world

C++/Java in the cross platform world

To add to Enigma:

Ruby on Rails/.NET Web Development (MVC, ASP.NET)

I wouldn't say that C++ is more widely known. It depends on where you end up studying/working. In the west (but not west coast), everyone there prefers/uses Java. The west coast is a combination bewteen C++ and .NET. Down south where I live, it's all about the .NET.

C++ is mainly used for applications like game programming. Anything where you have to manage your memory resources really. C++ can be used a low-level language.

• Like 1