Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fuck Amd, And Fuck Fedex!

jajolt

So, I am building a PC. I thought an FX 6200 looked cool, especially since I was on a budget. So ya dee dah I get it. Install it, it's defective. Okay, no big deal, I create an RMA request online. K. I wait THREE WEEKS before I decide to call. He was like "umm well der dum derp err the system recently has been glitching not sending RMA emails der dum derp. I'll send you a new one." Wait one day longer than I was supposed to, get shipping info, take it into kinkos. They have trouble scanning the RMA barcode. Okay, they enter it manually. Well they thought that the I was a lowercase L and they sent it. I was like yay, it's sent and I'll get a new one soon. NOPE. My processor is now a knife in the Atlanta Cutlery Corp. Not being scanned at the Miami Location of AMD. So now FedEx is trying to get it back and the processor is probably a knife now.

Doesn't sounds like an issue with AMD.

I basically blew up my poor 550 be (old world record chip) and called them up, said it just stopped working and the mobo was dead too. Sent me a new 550 be (not a good clocker sold it to my brother). The rma was done via ups.

Whenever you ship small items always use UPS or the USPS (usps is honestly my favorite they have improved so much). Fed ex is crap i cant wait for them to go bankrupt. Never have had a good experience with them.

p.s/edit

FYI amd's phone support is the only way to contact AMD. For intel email usually works better than calling. Kinda funny actually.

Edited by BranHorse

Doesn't sounds like an issue with AMD.

I basically blew up my poor 550 be (old world record chip) and called them up, said it just stopped working and the mobo was dead too. Sent me a new 550 be (not a good clocker sold it to my brother). The rma was done via ups.

Whenever you ship small items always use UPS or the USPS (usps is honestly my favorite they have improved so much). Fed ex is crap i cant wait for them to go bankrupt. Never have had a good experience with them.

p.s/edit

FYI amd's phone support is the only way to contact AMD. For intel email usually works better than calling. Kinda funny actually.

It sort of is for selling me a faulty chip and for making the RMA process really stressful.