Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cpu Core Problems

youthedog

Well, after a long ass time, I've decided to find out how to fix my CPU problem of it only showing 1 core and only using 1 core all the time.

To prove I have two cores. Task manager shows only 1, msconfig only shows one, CPU-Z only will select 1 but device manager will show two cores and the name of my processor proves I have two. I've googled the problem, people say they update/flash bios, I just did that, didn't work. Updated my chipset drivers, didn't work. I know it's 6 years old, but I really want to find a way to get it to work before I get my own.

FUCKING_CPU_FUCK.png

Somewhere under the CPU configuration in your BIOS might be a "# of active cores" thing or something of the likes. Make sure it's on auto, default, 2 cores, etc.

Note: This is how it is on my motherboard. The setting might be elsewhere on your motherboard, or it might not even exist.