Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Shrinkage Plans

xafizzle

I recently bought admin for all CS:S servers, which I'm glad to have. However, $40 a month is a lot to me. And although I don't mind paying for it, because it's definitely worth it, I feel like there should be someway to reward those who consistently donate for admin or VIP.

My idea is that maybe a $5 reduction in admin fees every month or two. For admin on all servers, the price could shrink to $35 after 6 months and for for global CS:S it could shrink to $30 after 4 months.

I see this as a way to encourage people to stay as admins and reward those who have donated for several months in a row (aside from a slight gain in admin power)

Sorry if I'm completely wrong on this (because I have absolutely no idea how much a $5 decrease in admin cost would affect HG revenue)

And maybe it's just me, but I feel like knowing that my price might shrink would make me want to keep buying this global admin. (At least, that's why I chose boost over virgin mobile)

If they did a $5 admin fee reduction every month or two HG would be owing me money for how long I've been admin. While I don't disagree that maybe long term admins should get some extra perks for being around for a while (if they are a good admin of course, you don't want some derp being able to do whatever he wants) but I believe that system is already in place in the way of trusted admin which is very hard to attain and few do.

In a way you do get something from keeping admin for a while, people learn on servers who the good players are (not skill wise) and who the players are that maybe they shouldn't come to when they need something. You earn the players trust of those who you are admining overtime. That seems like a good reward to me.

• Like 1

Well I mean there would be limit. It wouldn't continue shrinking. Just until it reaches a certain price. Or maybe if after total admin donations total up to $500, you get to keep admin for free or something like that.

But I do get what you mean about players' trust in the admins. And I have noticed that players respect and notice me much more than when I wasn't admin. So yea, I suppose that is a pretty good reward.

Zezima is right, it's an awesome feeling when your an admin, you get into a server and everyones like "oh yes finally a good admin is here". it makes me feel happy when people do it to me, also $5 isn't that much too take off so you might aswell pay $5 more. unless every HG person that buys global gets $5 off, HG makes alot less money

I recently bought admin for all CS:S servers, which I'm glad to have. However, $40 a month is a lot to me. And although I don't mind paying for it, because it's definitely worth it, I feel like there should be someway to reward those who consistently donate for admin or VIP.

My idea is that maybe a $5 reduction in admin fees every month or two. For admin on all servers, the price could shrink to $35 after 6 months and for for global CS:S it could shrink to $30 after 4 months.

I see this as a way to encourage people to stay as admins and reward those who have donated for several months in a row (aside from a slight gain in admin power)

Sorry if I'm completely wrong on this (because I have absolutely no idea how much a $5 decrease in admin cost would affect HG revenue)

And maybe it's just me, but I feel like knowing that my price might shrink would make me want to keep buying this global admin. (At least, that's why I chose boost over virgin mobile)

Its a pretty good idea, i think a deduction would be great after a certain time period. Its kind of like a thank you o.0