Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: Odd Soldier - Appears Not To Take Hp Damage

bean-

Hi all,

I had a player today who was playing as a Soldier, but seemed to take minimum damage. Not seen anything like it before. I kicked him, but he came back again. Did not want to discuss this with me, but from another thread that could be becasue he did not know that when you go specy, then players can't read your messages.

As he has been on this forum and mentioned this, it might just be that I've not seen a player, play like this before, and he's not cheating. Alem, who was also on, seemed to think he was not cheating. I just don't know - at least I did not ban him! If I'm wrong, then my apologies.

To the player doing this, connect again and I'll record your 'jumps' then put them on here. HG can then decide if all is well. How's that?

bean$

Hi all,

Just thinking about this ...

If it's not a hack, then we need to remove the ability to do this. Otherwise, if a few players did it, it'd ruin the game. A player jumping right accross the map, firing 4 missiles as he goes then landing and furing another four, with only minimal HP damage and ready to fire again - nightmare. It would be like the no-clip fiasco - I'd stop playing if this happened :(

bean$

Edited by bean-

If he is using the Rocket jumper with the Mantreads (and probably the market gardener so he is a "Troll-dier") then this is entirely possible. You take no damage from the RJ and the Mantreads eliminate fall damage if you land on someone. I've see several players doing this in non-trade servers. If this wasn't the case then it is suspicions.

Hi all,

The problem is I have about 2 hours total time as a Soldier, so I'm at a bit of a loss to tell. Next time he's on I'll record and put it on here. Thought I'd recorded him, but I must have fluffed it - quite annoying, as I can't show exactly what I mean. Alem seemed to think it was possible, but he was not having to go against him. If he's not, then it could change the game if a number of players adopted the tactic too. It would make it worthless to be any calss other than a 'jumping soldier' IMO!

bean$

ps Soldiers don't jump, horses do ;)