Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: Spy Guns On 100% Crits - Too Powerful, Or Just Right?

bean-

Hi all,

Is it just me, or do other players think that the Spy guns are way too powerful on the two 100% crits servers. We have players running around uncloaked killing player after player, all over the map - I often get killed by a spy shooting from right accross the map, for example. The Spy gun is as powerful as a fully scoped sniper rifle!

I sometimes play as Spy, but even I am amazed at my kill rate. It's so easy to pick players off at a distance, like a fully-powered, but un-scoped sniper rifle. It's too easy, though, so I keep the Spy gun killing to a minimum, unliek some others - ha :)

Still, there are some players who just love running around as uncloaked spies shooting, then cloaking if it gets a bit hariy, then uncloaking for some more killing, then a quick cloak for ... You get the idea :) Damn those nasty spies :(

What do other players think? Should the spy gun be reduced in power, if it can be? Or, just leave it as it is? Perhaps it's just one of the vargaries of the 100% crits mod, and I should stop moaning? Questions, questions ;)

bean$ :P

OK - I'll name, names.

It's [edit - decided not to name, names] he just spends hours running around shooting players, as an uncloaked Spy. It's why he gets accused of hacking so much. It does get a bit boring having to avoid his constent spy-gun shooting. It takes next to no skill, and he's a really good sniper, so I can only think he does it for points. I've tried to ask him to at least limit his running around shooting, as a Spy, but he's not interested in making it anything other than a lame experience.

I can kill him, but it's just, like for me: Oh, no not again! I'm at the back of the map (as sniper) shooting him all the time - I just use the 150hp set-up so he can't kill me with one shot. But, it does not matter how many times I get him, he just carries on - FOR HOURS! Players want me to ban him, but he's not cheating. Players often then disconnect.

Any chance the Spy gun can be reduced in power? It would stop people just running up and down the map, uncloaked shooting. If not, I'll just have to live with [Edit] (s') style of playing :(

bean$

Edited by bean-