Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

High School Seniors?

RunningWild

I'm gonna be a physicist so MIT looks best to me. But being a white guy that's not in the top 5 in my school, I'm not expecting to go there. So I'm thinking I might just go to an easy college where I can party all the time and not worry if I'm gonna be able to keep a high GPA. It's the graduate school that matters, so that's when I'll worry about it.

I chose what I could afford the most (even with all the shit ton amount of scholarships from Baylor). Texas State right here with Music Performance (which will switch to Sound Recording Technology soon) and a minor Business Admninistration.

If you want some sound advise from a college student for 2 years, I would say you have an option of good grades, social life, and sleep and you can only choose two. If I were you, take as many classes as you can at your local community college to get shit out of the way. I am one year ahead in hours because I chose to take classes over the summer. Also, get a fucking job so you have spending money for the semester. It sucks when you realize that you don't have cash to afford food for the next week (its happened to me).

Most of my days are spent in the music building, its the best place for me to study and practice without getting distracted. My day starts at 7am in the practice room and my last class is at 8pm. I book a room to practice from 9pm to 12pm then I study until they kick me out. If you think you can coast like you did in high school, think-a-fucking-gain. Each hour your class is credited for is an extra hour of study that is needed.

Parties are a good way to unwind after a real fucking long week, but don't make a habit out of it. I personally hate parties and spend my relaxing time bombing hills on my longboard. Find something that helps you unwind, cause stress really builds up especially towards the end of the semester. It could be wacking off in the shower, I don't fucking care.

College is where you make some of your best friends and learn the best lessons. So take advantage of ever moment of it

TLDR; don't be a fuck up, get a job and take extra classes over the summer.

Nice mike. I see what you mean. But you are obviously enjoying being in music department so you don't mind all the work. Right?

Totes, the music department is pretty kick ass at my school. I'm was in 4 ensembles last semester (plus a ska band on my free time). It's something I enjoy doing and have no problem putting in the extra time.

You should choose a major that you will love to learn and study or else, why the fuck would you go to college?

Edited by Mike is Fr3sh

I'm gonna be a physicist so MIT looks best to me. But being a white guy that's not in the top 5 in my school, I'm not expecting to go there. So I'm thinking I might just go to an easy college where I can party all the time and not worry if I'm gonna be able to keep a high GPA. It's the graduate school that matters, so that's when I'll worry about it.

Physics

and Partying

Don't mix.

Chemistry.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

1334894-312e302e302e38322d3237_large.jpg

your undergrad degree is irrelevant if you want to pursue grad school

if you want to quit school after getting your BA or BS in whatever, find a school that has a good program for a BA/BS major (like business departments that require you to have 1 or 2 internships before you graduate)

I'm not saying I'd have a bad gpa. I'd be going to an "easy" school so I'd be able to have a 3.5+ gpa but not have to kill myself over the workload

If you went to a subpar school and only got a 3.5 gpa you wouldn't get in to any great grad school, perhaps you should go to biology or be like bonbon and be an engineer i hear that is easy

Edited by Cookie