Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: A Hack? - High Grav Effect, Not Rtd ...

bean-

Hi all,

This morning (about 2am GMT) on the European 100% crits server:

Snowy, a player with the class of Soldier was some how managing to use high grav. I thought this might be down to RTD, when I first saw it. He could move very fast across the map, using it. He kept using it, beyond the 20 secs, so was not down to RTD. I asked him how he was doing it and he said it was 'down to practice'. I was not convinced and went specy, to record him and view it myself - always difficult to see these things when killing a player, by the way :)

He then disconnected, which made me even more suspecious. Is this a hack - one that allows a player to change grav? I'd say it was, but thought I'd pass this query through you all. He did say it was a 'pogo effect' when I asked him about the high grav effect. Is this a possibility?

Josh and Dexxter - we need to keep an eye on him - Snowy is his nick. He was not using an aimbot, or speed hack etc. Just this high grav effect, which might or might not be a hack.

Opinions, please ...

bean$ ;)

Edited by bean-

First off, I'd suggest getting proof of this buy getting a demo. It never hurts to record a demo of something that you would find fishy. As to the possibilities of low grav, he is either an admin abusing, or actually hacking. But like I said, you need proof so I'd record a demo next time, get his steam ID and file a report, I'd be more than happy to see if he's hacking or not.

Cheers,

When I went specy to get a good recording of him, he disconnected straight away! I'll keep an eye on him and do a recording, if he does it again. I also wanted to see what he was doing through 'his eyes'.

bean$

Saw another player: hdcbdhbfgt12 who also seemed to be doing this effect. I went specy and he immediatley went Pyro. He's a Spy at the moment. Getting fed up waiting for him to go Soldier, to see if It's not just my imagination!

bean$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...