Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Headset "humming/static" Sound

DeathShot

So, I recently connected my px21's that I used to use on my PS3 to the computer, since I got a new set earlier and wanted to upgrade my PC headset.

I followed this video to connect them to my PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3011RcVxmZ8

Immediately after, I realized two things:

1. An annoying humming/static sound always in the background. And, when my volume is turned up on the headset, it gets louder.

2. I am forced to use the CHAT volume control instead of the GAME volume control.

If anyone knows the problem, or has a fix, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Also: When listening to a video/playing CS:S/etc., the left ear is always louder than the left, yet there is sound coming out of the right side. This headset is just over one year old, but I never recognized any problems while they were connected to my PS3.

Edited by DeathShot

Well I had this with my XBOX headphones, it drowned out my voice (when I had it hooked to the PC) and after messing around for 20 minutes or so I figured out that the mic cable was in the audio and the audio cable was in the mic. Problem solved for me.

Well I had this with my XBOX headphones, it drowned out my voice (when I had it hooked to the PC) and after messing around for 20 minutes or so I figured out that the mic cable was in the audio and the audio cable was in the mic. Problem solved for me.

Well, it has a usb and a 3.5mm green plug, so I don't think I could fuck that up. They work, just not well/correctly.

I had a pair of X12's and 2 pairs of X11's before my Tiamat 2.2's. The buzzing sound seems to be common in TB's headsets. Most people say it comes from the USB interface, and I'd probably have to agree. Turn up your windows sound, and turn down your headset.

I had a pair of X12's and 2 pairs of X11's before my Tiamat 2.2's. The buzzing sound seems to be common in TB's headsets. Most people say it comes from the USB interface, and I'd probably have to agree. Turn up your windows sound, and turn down your headset.

I did both of those, even tried a few tips I found, and still had the humming sound. I think I'm going to just end up going with Astros since they seem more PC friendly.