Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hardware Questions

I_Kill_You

To anyone who has ever built or modified a computer, specifically a laptop, and been successful at making it work after I have one question for you. Does anyone know a place where I can find a minimum 600 GB hard drive for a decent price, because mine crapped out on me and I need to find a new one pronto. And if you can find a very nice graphics card that can go with it too that would be nice. Figure the limit on the hard drive would be about 400$ and 350$ for a graphics card. Now I set the limit on them high but if you can find me some cheap stuff for way less than that I would like it because those limits are the peak of what I can afford.

Are you looking to mod your laptop so you can get a new video card and HDD on it?

@the HDD, yes i'ts pretty easy... most support the standard 2.5" HDDs

@the video card, HIGHLY unlikely but possible. Laptop video cards are generally less powerful and more expensive (comparatively speaking) to their desktop brothers.

Are you looking to mod your laptop so you can get a new video card and HDD on it?

@the HDD, yes i'ts pretty easy... most support the standard 2.5" HDDs

@the video card, HIGHLY unlikely but possible. Laptop video cards are generally less powerful and more expensive (comparatively speaking) to their desktop brothers.

I agree with enigma.

HDD should just be a standard 2.5", fairly straight forward to replace.

Graphics card, about 99% are soldered to the mainboard, thus you're stuck with what came with it.

• 2 weeks later...