Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dayz Server Map - Chernarus, Or Namalsk?

Pilpest

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, it has come to my attention that the player base between these two maps are vastly different, so coming up with the solution has led me to a map change. However the dedicated, and active players of this server are HG, and I am making this thread to hear the voice of those HG dedicated/active players on the DayZ server.

Chernarus Explanation- I think Chernarus would be better because it has a higher player base, and its not so technical for new players to join the server, its simple by just installing the game, and DayZ you are ready to play, without having to download DayZCommander, or etc. Though I can understand its simple enough to just download DayZCommander, I still see Chernarus as the main player base for all servers, I was thinking of this to be our first server before moving into Namalsk.

Also with the Chernarus server I have no problems, or errors with the server as I do with the current Namalsk server, it shows up correctly, and doesn't give me any type of errors or problems, another reason I want to change it, mainly so I have more time to work on a more "stable" Namalsk server, especially with the frustration and backlashes it gives me.

Namalsk Explanation- I think Namalsk, because its unique, and different compared to the old and boring Chernarus, though this map has a smaller player base then Chernarus, I would love to keep Namalsk, but it gives me errors and problems that can be frustrating at times, especially with setting it up, and the little things, unlike Chernarus server it doesn't show up correctly and gives me problems at times and errors as I stated in the previous paragraph related to the Chernarus server.

I love its small map which allows of shorter travel distances, because I know everyone here hates to run 10 clicks to get to the NWAF, and there isn't much loot on the coast, and other frustrating things about Chernarus, that and we've been playing Chernarus forever. I like the map, and the blowouts and bloodsuckers as it adds a more difficult survival strategies and standards to it.

-------

Also another point I wanted to make, I would love to start out with Chernarus, and move into Namalsk later on, to where our Chernarus server has a player base without HG's needed player base (not saying I don't want you, but an active player base to where you can switch between Namalsk, and Chernarus, or not have to play the Chernarus server anymore.)

So please, post your opinions, comments, concerns

Thanks for being active, and helping out with the server, appreciate all the effort members, recruits, and staff put into it.

I vote for Chernarus, to be honest I just started playing again and have a huge print out of the map still on my wall. Plus alot of people like you said don't want to install other maps and being that some are close to 1GB i can understand.

namalsk is only 296mg not that big bro its alot smaller map than cheranarus

• 2 weeks later...