Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer Not Recognizing Monitor?

Jella

I recently purchased this computer but it does not seem to recognize my monitor. I bought a new monitor yesterday and tried connecting it to my PC via an hdmi cord, but the computer wasn't recognizing the monitor (no hdmi signal or something). I got a new, different monitor today (thinking it was a monitor issue before) and I'm getting the same thing. I tried an hdmi cord and a dvi cord, but neither have worked (still getting no hdmi/dvi signal on the screen).

I'm 100% sure I have the cords connected in the right place and I've tried using the cords with my computer on and off. I really don't want to take this back to the store because I might not get it back until late next week and I need this for school work (my old laptop died). Would anyone happen to know what the issue might be?

I've tried using a dvi cord to connect my computer and monitor, but I still get the same message (no dvi signal). Unless you mean something else. I don't know if my computer has a VGA connection (though to be fair, I don't know what that is lol).

I've tried using a dvi cord to connect my computer and monitor, but I still get the same message (no dvi signal). Unless you mean something else. I don't know if my computer has a VGA connection (though to be fair, I don't know what that is lol).

Do you hear the fans running or anything? Mine was fixed after I used the DVI connection.

interesting. I imagine that it wasn't booting at all then, just powering up and sitting on a black screen. I figured because it's an apu as well the video wouldnt be getting processed if it wasn't seated correctly, but with a dedicated gpu like you have that shouldn't have been an issue.

At least it's fixed whatever it was.