Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Anybody Running A Hackintosh?

MoTioN_lXl

Naw, mac I don't think is good for gaming and plus it can install viruses. My cousin wanted to do it for a bit, but talked himself out of it because it can fuck up your computer if you find the wrong one. I installed windows 7 home pro oem instead. (and linux)

Naw, mac I don't think is good for gaming and plus it can install viruses. My cousin wanted to do it for a bit, but talked himself out of it because it can fuck up your computer if you find the wrong one. I installed windows 7 home pro oem instead. (and linux)

What do you mean with "if you find the wrong one"?

I've been trying to get it working all day so far, but no luck. I found a guy pretty close to me, who is a "professional" at Hackintoshes. I offers a service with guarantee. I might get it done by him.

i use boot camp because I was really stupid and bought this apple crapbook when i was 12...

And jajolt what do you mean finding the right one??? like mac osx iso?? also motion if you are looking for a mac osx iso i may be able to help you out.

I will be installing Mac OS on my PC really soon, and was wondering if anyone here at HG has a Hackintosh.

If you're using it for something windows can't do (like using xCode), go for it. If there is no real reason to; I wouldn't bother. I have a mac and I almost always use bootcamp to boot into windows 7.

Wow there some mixed opinions here about Macs. I am currently already typing from my Hackintosh which took about a day to setup and I still have issus (shutdown and sleep doesn't work). I plan on using it for Mac OS X specific applications such as xCode and Final Cut.

Thanks for the help offered!

I was a former mac user. It really depends on what games you want to run, cause not all games can run on mac (without bootcamp of course). I played on a macbook pro which was pretty good for the games I played (Source type games). However you might experience some lag in some servers like the PERP server.

I currently play on a mac and I really dislike it. I experience a lot of issues on the 10man servers because of downloading issues, I can't play more than half the games in my library, and as magic said, I lag a lot in PERp

Install Windows 7 using Boot Camp. That's what I've done.