Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Tux

InstantNoodles

So a new item has came out for TF2 today called The Tux http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/tux

It is alot like the Earbuds in a way because it is only obtainable by logging in from a Linux OS

computer. Honestly it's not pretty to look at, but with the way its only obtainable by Linux and

Linux is practically obsolete, could it be worth more than a bud? Whats your guys predictions?

I think it might be worth less because linux is free and easy to install where Apple you had to have a $2,000 dollar computer (or a friend who had a Mac) to be able to get the ear buds.

^^

Also, linux isn't obsolete. Especially ubuntu. Look at how fast the beta went out for linux steam.

So a new item has came out for TF2 today called The Tux http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/tux

It is alot like the Earbuds in a way because it is only obtainable by logging in from a Linux OS

computer. Honestly it's not pretty to look at, but with the way its only obtainable by Linux and

Linux is practically obsolete, could it be worth more than a bud? Whats your guys predictions?

Linux is FAR from obsolete. All our server with the exception to Gmod run on linux.

I don't think they'll be worth more. Linux is free. Then again so is a Hackintosh.

• Like 1

Guest The_Monkey

any one that does have linux can they help me get that item cuz my internet is really slow I will give you something if log on to TF2 from your linux

I can help you.

• Like 1

Guest The_Monkey

Tux isn't tradable though, neither is any sort of genuine item recently..

And i've noticed that items that aren't as abundant are not always the most valuable/expensive.

It isn't tradeable yet.

It isn't tradeable yet.

If they make it tradeable (which would be awesome because that means other items that aren't will be), i still don't see it being super valuable. Its not as "flashy" as the earbuds and is located in a spot that is not every noticeable (Not that would make a difference. But in my mind something that is more visible and more "look at me" usually is more valuable ) But then again, i could be wrong like i always am.