Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Buying A New Psu

SpOoKyWaTeR

Hey, I'm getting ready to buy a new psu and I was considering the corsaire HX850.

How do I know if this psu will even fit?

Should there be anything else that I should be worried about?

Link to the new psu

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Professional-Series-Modular-HX850/dp/B0090I9W66/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361836398&sr=8-4&keywords=hx850

an 850 sounds like a bit big, especially considering you don't know what sizes psus are. No offense to you, you just haven't learned yet.

Check out newegg.com for psus. id generally look for a 650. Should be enough to power most gaming oriented PCs without going overboard.

an 850 sounds like a bit big, especially considering you don't know what sizes psus are. No offense to you, you just haven't learned yet.

Check out newegg.com for psus. id generally look for a 650. Should be enough to power most gaming oriented PCs without going overboard.

I'm getting a powerful psu so I have a ton of room for upgrades. I measured it anyways and it looks like it will fit.

If you really need power go for a 750. I still think a 650 would be more than enough but a 750 should hold you through especially if you go for sli with your 660s. If you do you may want to consider upgrading the cpu though.

I plan to upgrade my cpu last, I want to switch over to intel so I need to get a new mobo aswell.

750 should be more than enough to power an i7 and 2 660s

I think I've decided to go with the 750, the price dropped so it's like $30 cheaper than the 850 so I can have some spare cash to actually buy games for my computer. Edited by SpOoKyWaTeR