Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What College Do/did You Go To?

Cookiez

Currently at taft college near Bakersfield Ca. Going to a JC has been the best experience of my life. Gave me time to straighten my shit out and figure out what I want to do with my life and studies.

Currently accepted into the following universities for fall semester: CSUN, CSUF, SFSU, Cal poly pomona and san luis, SJSU and CSULB.

Had the grades for most UC's and private schools in cali, just didn't want to overwhelm myself.

Will be making my decision within the next two weeks so if any of you live near any of these schools (or attend any) let me know. SFSU, SJSU, and cal poly pomona are my top 3 currently.

Geology (Mineralogy) Major also want to minor in computer science.

I didn't have the best grades in high school (not that I was a bad student and didn't worked hard, I just struggled) and I didn't take the required courses to get into a 4 year. I didn't know about the financial aid part though. I'll have to look that up. I really want to go to Stanislaus. A lot of my friends from high school went there so I felt lonely at MJC (not anymore cause I met some really cool people), and it's a nice campus and my friends always talk about how great it is.

Yeah I really recommend it, just sign up for FAFSA and see if you can the financial aid. Plus everybody at that school is really kind too.

Ewww, MIT. Ivy League is where its at, mofo.

I don't play/like college sports, so I naturally wouldn't pick a school because of what sport conference it's in.. And the only ivy league school that can compete with MIT in physics is Harvard, and I don't like being in debt.

I don't play/like college sports, so I naturally wouldn't pick a school because of what sport conference it's in.. And the only ivy league school that can compete with MIT in physics is Harvard, and I don't like being in debt.

I didn't pick Yale because of sports, I picked it because I originally intended to work on Wall Street and Yale is one of the best feeder schools to major companies like Goldman Sachs. I was originally intending to finish my degree at Yale and then go to Wharton for an MBA but then I got a good job offer in Florida, so here I am.