Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Poor Mic Quality In Jailbreak

DeathShot

So, I just recently got my Plantronics Gamecom 780s and I love them. The sound quality and mic quality are above par and are amazing for the price. Yet, I have a problem with them in jailbreak - the mic quality gets signifigantly worse, to the point where its easier just to type.

I've tested and retested the quality on Teamspeak, my computer, and other servers, and the quality stays consistent until I get onto jailbreak and the static amd bad quality sound begins.

So, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've had my 780 for almost a year and never had any static or buzzing problems in TF2 or CSS. Is this only in Jailbreak?

Yep, only in jailbreak. Like I said in teamspeak and anything else, even other servers, I have no problem with my mic whatsoever.

Could be:

A) you get too excited when you play jb and knock a cord/port out of place

B) People with static mics talking over you

C) you hit your hldj bind and didnt have a song loaded accidentally

D) Jailbreak is messed up server side.

Could be:

A) you get too excited when you play jb and knock a cord/port out of place

B) People with static mics talking over you

C) you hit your hldj bind and didnt have a song loaded accidentally

D) Jailbreak is messed up server side.

A) Checked my cord, I'll see what that does. Doubt that's it though since its fine on other servers.

B ) I've tested it through the game function and through there, there is even static.

C) I don't have hldj

D) Possibly; not much that I could do about that though. And, I highly doubt that's the problem since it is only my mic.