Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Use /report

WhataWackaMonk

Hi. Going to lay out how to use /report and what to do when.

I'm going to split this up into a few sections, but first let me say this;

WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS WE SEE IT!*

*Unless you record and post @ hellsgamers.com/hgbans

So....... first we are going to let you know about what we can do as Moderators - Important to realize that this is in regards to moderators and not to dA+.

What We Can And Cannot Do

What we can:

• Freeze,
  • slay,
  • kick,
  • retrieve item owner,
  • respawn,
  • blacklist,
  • revive.

What we cannot do:

• Teleport to you,
  • Ban you,
  • bring you to us,
  • go invisible (Unless spectating),
  • disable OOC.

So, we can do some stuff, but we are not all-powerful.

/Report

/report is a way for you guys to report stuff to us. Again, please remember that we cannot do anything without seeing it.

So, when you do a /report, everyone currently online with *admin* sees it. Usefully, you can use /report when you are dying.

In your /report, you need to at least include a name and what they did. What we can then do is watch the guy and make sure he isn't doing anything wrong. It is also helpful to include, if you can, the situation.

ex. /report Daniel Fong Arrested me for having a shotgun on my back in my house. - Good

ex. /report A cop randomly arrested me. Please respawn me and ban him. -Very bad.

Also, I can't tell you how many /reports I get of "/report I just got random ticketed." This does absolutely nothing, and we cannot help you in anyway.

*As a side note, it is not CDM if you walk into the road into the path of a car going at 150 mph. Please make sure you were not in the middle of the road before you /report "I just got CDM'd by Daniel Fong." And remember, don't beg us to revive you, if we didn't see it we can't do anything!

Other Random Crap That Needs to Be Said

• We will (usually) warn (slay/demote) before kicking (Blacklisting). Mass CDM/RDM are the exceptions to this.
  • If we are holding our admin stick, chances are we are doing admin business - don't come up to us and start spamming our names cause you wanna join an Org.
  • If we slay you, revive and slay, that is cause we made a mistake. When we slay you when you are *frozen*, you are slayed until you disconnect. Especially us newer mods sometimes slay before unfreezing, in which we have to revive and slay again. We aren't just having fun killing you over and over, we just don't want you to lie dead for 30 mins before disconnecting.
  • We are here to help you, but remember we still want to play. Sometimes we just want to play, but we will still help you if you use /report.

To those who think we are *corrupt*. Please skip this if you want.

Are you serious? I have been a mod for 9 days, and I've never seen you before? Here I am, spending my Saturday morning watching your butt so you can have a nice play with your friends and you come up and start complaining about how I'm corrupt? If you were smart, you'd post an abuse report with proper proof.

Also, you see my car? It's 150k. I have been playing for nearly a year, have a car worth a few hours, and you think I'm taking Bribes?

So yes, I do take it as an insult when you walk up to me and say stuff like that.

Now to those who think the moderator selection process is rigged:

Hi. Thanks for spreading your concern with me. Here's what I think: No. Okay?

Good. I got homework to do so..........

Hopefully you now know how to use /report properly and you know what how we are likely to take action in response. Please remember we are here to make it a better experience for you (cringe). We can't see everything, so please record. Lastly, I ask that you let me into your house when I'm trying to tell you that you are infact growing in a shop and/or prop blocking, so I can talk to you/show you.

Thanks,

Monk

*This is in regards to me. I cannot speak for other admins when I say that we get super annoyed at useless /reports and whining about what a crappy job we're doing. Sorry about the rant, just one of those things I hate.

Edited by WhataWackaMonk
  • Like 3