Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mount & Blade: Warband Review.

PurpleSpartan

So recently I've picked this game up. A friend gave me a serial code and a disk and I just got bored one day and tried it. Needless to say I fucking hated it at first lol. It had eh graphics and the tutorial wasn't even really a thing. So I tried to get into it for my friends sake, and recently it has become my favorite game. I have like 50 hours into in 2 weeks in. And, here is my review.

Strategy: 9/10

I know this really isnt touched on in a lot of the medieval titles. Especially the first and third person ones. But this one is completely different. Much like the total war series you are just one person on a map and wherever you click your person goes. You basically start out as a sperm... Not really. But you do get to pick the job your father had in order to kind of shape the way you will turn out. One thing about this game that is also beast is if you choose a female character it even states within the game that it will be harder to gain troops and renown if you are a female because in those times females were thought of as cooks and maids. Not warriors and leaders. Enough of that though. You get to create your stats from your choices that basically shape your... Soul? I guess. They make you who you are. You then go into this character customization screen. It has some nice customization schemes. Now to the actual strategy of the game. Coming into the game you are introduced into this world. The continent of Calradia. A rather vast area with 6 different factions. You can join whichever one you like or create your own. You go to villages to recruit... Well, recruits for your army and you can also hire soldiers from taverns across the land. Once yuou get a hold on things and decide to either become a vassal of a faction or attempt to create your own then it gets unteresting. You can declare war, get fiefs (villages, castles, towns etc.), Attack enemies and take their lands, and many, many, many other things that makes the game amazing.

Battles: 5/10

Battles are awesome when you first start the game. But they get very boring after a while. You are in a rather nicely made square of terrain with you and your soldiers pit against the other leader and his/her soldiers. You finish the fights, get loot and money from the enemy, capture the leader and any of the soldiers that were not killed in battle, upgrade your soldiers aftewrward spending money on their gear, and that's pretty much all.

Will it run on shit computers: Yes.

It has good customization and Is static at 120 fps for my computer. Not sure if it can actually go higher honestly.

customization. Character and overall. 8/10

There are A LOT of things you can customize in this game. So there have to be limits. You can't customize your flag buit you still have a nice expansion if them to choose from. Characetr customization offers a nice way to make your character your own.

sound track 10/10

I'm a sucker when it comes to this sound track. Every faction has 2 or 3 songs and they are all beautiful and if this game had a buyable soundtrack I would have it.

overall rating 9/10:

Some people give this game a shit rating because they think that the graphics matter. Fuck graphics. I'd play battlefield 3 for flying the goddamn pixelated jet lol. As long as the gameplay and what I love is still there.

Thanks for reading and hope you guys play and have fun! If you want a free serial code I have one I would gladly give to you if you just poke me in Teamspeak lol.