Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recommendations?

Xerxes

Long story short, I need some new games.

I recently picked up Bioshock and TF2. (Also, if I could get some advice on those, that'd be awesome..)

It doesn't matter what genre they are, who it's by, etc.

If it's available on Steam/PC/Xbox 360, lemme know.

Thanks guys!

Also, opinions on Bioshock Infinite?

For TF2, I think that turbine and 2fort are the most fun maps for beginners. If you want some weapons, lemme know.

For recommendations: All of Silibrian's recommendations, Dead Island, Metro 2033, Bastion (for a nice quick awesome game), Torchlight (an awesome rpg)

Also, I've heard Red Orchestra 2 is really terrific for realistic combat. Killing floor, L4D (I think the original is way better than the 2nd), Prince of Persia, Borderlands 1 (I think the original is way better than the 2nd in this one too), Fallout: NV, Tropico 4, Saints Row: The Third, Hard Reset (Alright for an fps but really cool in the future robot sense), and Terraria.

Edited by xafizzle

Metro 2033

Fuck yes. This is an amazing, challenging game. It is very enticing and the graphics are fucking amazing.

TF2- To get your start, you might want to start on a 100% crits server like orange. These make it so kills are easy and you can learn all the weapons you use and customize a loadout, then try things like payload and 2fort CTF.

Borderlands 2- Idk why I like it so much, could be the graphics, or the storyline. If you have the money, get it.

Braid- Nice mario-like indie game that allows you to reverse as much as you want at any point.

Half life and Half life 2 are classics and if you havent already, play them.

Day of Defeat: Source- Source graphics in a WWII shooter. Love it.

And inb4 digitalshot, he has a large ass fucking list of games that he's played.

• Like 1

inb4 digitalshot, he has a large ass fucking list of games that he's played.

Not that much, only about 400 games lol.

Recently beat Bioshock Infinite and I fucking love that game.

If you really wanna waste the day away play Civilization 5, pretty addicting and I have so many moments in that game where I look up at the clock and say "holy shit 4 hours have passed!? Feels like half an hour passed instead."

If you're into action games with scripted events and you going "holy shit what the fuck just happened?" then get the new Tomb Raider. I wasn't really fond of the old Tomb Raider games and I personally feel like this new one was a step up.

Want to play a game with 4 of your friends and steal each other's loot? Borderlands 2.

How about a 2 player co-op game where there will be tears rolling down your eyes from laughter? Saints Row: The Third

And for a really cheap game that you will die millions of times in but still wanna push forward: Hotline Miami. It's a really cheap, gory retro game. It's an indie game and I really love it.

Haha, I do have L4D (1&2) which I play obsessively and love. I also own Borderlands 1, which is GREAT.

I hear good things about Tomb Raider all over, so I'll have to get that eventually. That and Bioshock Infinite.

Dead Island, Hitman and Metro 2033 and Counter Strike are also on the list. Never heard of Metro 2033, but I see you guys like it, so I'll give it a try.

I do have Half Life, which is awesome.

Day of Defeat and Red Orchestra.. I've got a trial on RO, but I'll try out Day of Defeat.

I gotta try Civilization 5 and Saints Row. Both sound right up my alley.

Thanks!

Fuck yes. This is an amazing, challenging game. It is very enticing and the graphics are fucking amazing.

TF2- To get your start, you might want to start on a 100% crits server like orange. These make it so kills are easy and you can learn all the weapons you use and customize a loadout, then try things like payload and 2fort CTF.

Borderlands 2- Idk why I like it so much, could be the graphics, or the storyline. If you have the money, get it.

Braid- Nice mario-like indie game that allows you to reverse as much as you want at any point.

Half life and Half life 2 are classics and if you havent already, play them.

Day of Defeat: Source- Source graphics in a WWII shooter. Love it.

And inb4 digitalshot, he has a large ass fucking list of games that he's played.

I second this in terms of Metro 2033, the next Metro is coming out very soon and Metro 2033 is one of the best games I've ever played!

Edited by Commander Shepard

Killing Floor

Terraria is okay

Doom 3 (bfg or original does not matter)

Cave Story+

Deus Ex series (start with the more recent one but don't get invisible war it's crap IMO)

The Binding of Isaac

Counter Strike (whatever one works for you0

Garry's Mod

Portal

Just Cause 2

Scribblenauts: Unlimited

Retro City Rampage

The Walking Dead (Telltale)

Thoughts on Metal Gear Solid?

Metal gear Solid?

Damn it's been a while since I played that game. Fantastic story, I would highly recommend it.

Also my opinion on bioshock infinite was that, it was fantastic for the short ride, but that's where it's downfall is. It's a SHORT ride. I beat the game in around 14 hours (one playthrough). It's not really worth $60, I would wait until the price goes down a bit. Don't get me wrong though, it was a fantastic game. The ending made my brain explode, and gameplay is very different from original bioshock, but I like it.