Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Beginners Guide

sharp_shooter

Before I begin, this is a copy and paste of the current guide on Steam. I do not take credit for this at all. The only reason I'm posting this is to make it easier for players to figure out the game. Now to the guide.

Alright, so you've joined the

zs server for the first time, or you're generally 'new' to the gamemode. You've just loaded into the beginning of the game, and there's a menu with a bunch of weird items and tabs, and it says you have 100 worth points. This is the worth menu, and it'll always be there at the beginning of a new game or map. Here, you can select what items you can start out with, with the total amount of items being limited to a value of 100 points. While loadouts very for each situation, there are a few general loadouts I'll be describing, each with their own specialties and feel. Note that these loadouts are customizable with exact weapon/tool/perk choices:

Loadouts:

Standard Shooter Kit:

*Peashooter, Battleaxe, or Owens handgun

*Extra box of pistol ammo

*Melee weapon of choice

The standard shooter kit is your basic kit. It is the most versitile, and is a good kit for beginner's. Standard shooter kits are good for defending barricades, as well as running around. This kit can have any melee weapon, but you should get one of the pistols named above.

Barricade Kit:

*Carpenter's Hammer

*Handyman Handgun

*'Handy' Perk

The Barricade kit is the most basic barricade kit. The Carpenter's hammer allows you to nail and repair props, thus creating and reparing barricades. Note that getting a carpenter's hammer at the start of the round will get you 16 nails, so do not purchase the extra box. Instead, get the handy perk. This will allow you to repair cades faster. Repairing cades will earn you points throughout the round, so you shouldn't need to worry about points to much. The Handyman handgun is cheap, but not to effective. It's mainly so you can defend yourself if needed.

Cade Defender:

*Carpenter's Hammer

*Tosser SMG

*Knife OR plank

The Cade Defender kit is a good, basic kit that allows you to shoot zombies that are attacking your cade. It also allows you to heal props in the cade with your Carpenter's hammer should the need arise, or if your main cader/repairer needs assistance. Credits to The Dovahneer for suggesting this kit!

Basic Commands:

There are a few basic commands you should know about before really trying to play zs.. The first I'll tell you about is f2. F2 is a command in-game that allows you re-open the worth menu before the game if you closed it to soon, or opens the buy menu in game. In order to use this command in game, you need to be near an arsenal crate. This is a small brown crate that allows you to purchase items. F2 will allow you to quick open it if you're nearby. F1 and F4 are also important to know about. F1 opens up a menu in which you can select a help menu, player model menu, player color menu, options, and the credits for the game. F4 will directly open the options menu. F3 is another command, and is the way to bring up the 'select zombie' menu. That's how you change your zombie class.

Once you've binded suitzoom to a key, you can then phase through objects, Phasing through objects is a crucial part of zs. Human survivors, by holding down their suitzoom key, can phase through any objects that have been nailed down by other survivors. This is how people go in and out of barricades. Once you've binded the key, hold it down, and simply walk through the nailed down props. Note that you cannot go through unnailed props, or world entities that are not props. One common issue people have with this is going through cades that are on top of ladders. To fix this, simply hold down suitzoom before you get on the ladder, walk on it, and then go up it while holding suitzoom.

A few other noteable commands below:

*/suicide or /kill or !kill or !suicide are used to kill yourself. Simple as that.

*F12 is used to take screenshots for Steam. F5 does the same thing.

*Pressing 'u' opens team chat, whereas 'y' is global chat.

*Holding your 'x' key with a microphone allows you to talk vocally on the server.

*Holding down 'tab' will bring up the scoreboard.

*Typing !motd displays the MOTD, as well as the clan's forums. On the Hellsgamers sever it shows you the server rules.

The most important one is the Suitzoom key. This naturally is not bound. Please watch this video on how to bind suit zoom to a key so you can enter and exit barricades. http://youtu.be/omsxuzcT_dg take your time, this is text, it isn't going anywhere. Truthfully I am getting sick and tired of people asking. If you can't do this after the video you fail at life and should always be a zombie in this gamemode.

After the Worth Menu:

Alright, so, you've got your loadout and you're ready to go. The first thing you want to do is find out where the rest of your team is headed. The last thing you want to do is be by yourself, out there for the zombies to get you. Either ask where your friends are, look quickly, or follow a few people. Your main goal should be finding out where the humans are making their barricade at. Once you've found out, go there, and wait for the game to begin.

After the game has begun, you should do one thing. Defend the cade you are at. Do not run to the back, go AFK to surf the web, eat a ton of chips, etc. You should be aiming at the holes in the cade, ready to shoot zombies that attack it. Defend the cade until it's gone, then you're screwed anyways. If you run out of ammo, look for a Resupply crate or an Arsenal crate to get some more. If you have a hammer, hit nailed props in the barricade over and over again to repair them. If they're damaged, a sound will emit with each hit, along with a small green cloud on the impact sight. Note that zombies can break cades faster than you repair, so doing it often and repairing while they aren't attacking is a good thing to do.

Buying more guns/upgrades:

As you go throughout the game repairing and killing zombies, you'll earn points. Your points are displayed in the top left corner of your screen. The amount on the left is what you currently have, while the amount on the right is the total points you've earned throughout the round. These points are used to make purhcases at an arsenal crate.

When buying things at an arsenal crate, there's a few things to keep in mind. First off, always make purchases at intermission. At intermission, any purchases at an arsenal crate are 20% off their original price. This comes in very handy when purchasing weapons or ammo in bulk. So, again, always buy between waves, not during them! If it's an emergency and you need a better gun/ammo, then do so. But it's a better use of your points to do so at the 35 seconds between each wave. You'll hear special music to tell you when it's between waves...

As for which weapons to buy, I'll leave that up to you. You can always ask for suggestions ingame, but get whatever sounds cool to you. My personal recommendations are the following, however: Crossfire Glock, Reaper UMP, Inferno AUG, and Adonis Pulse Rifle.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to post bellow and ask about them. I will do my best to answer.

Concerning barricading? I'll make a guide on that when I finish repairing my good computer so I can record.

Link to original source

http://steamcommunit...6&searchtext=zs

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My choice in the begin can vary alot, depending on the situation and map, objective I try to be fast and later on going to defend.

Survival I try more to go for not cading but building small "Choke Points" so people can retreat and give cover to the ones who are closer to the zombies while they retreat for the main cade as I try to build it right before the Main Cade.

It may hold one or half wave depending on wich one it is. I try not to do main cades because I will probably end up in the Zlist for shit cading.

If you don't understand something, sorry, I'm not from a english speaking country.