Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Csgo Not Starting

Okay........I had a similar problem a few months ago, I cannot find the web page that suggested the fix, so I'm a see if you guys can help me.

So, upon starting the CSGO application, nothing happens. Steam registers I'm playing, but after a few seconds, I go back to being *Online*.

No *starting CSGO* appears, the colour around my steam avatar changes to green, then back to blue.....thats it.

Then I get the Steam pop-up window advertising the latest deals.....the one you get when you close a game.

I have validated, re-validated and re-installed the game.......deleted those steamblob thingys and done everything I can think of......

except the deletion of the one file hidden away somewhere that I had to delete last time.

I really enjoyed playing jailbreak, and this annoys me so much.......

If someone has had this problem before, has general knowledge of this stuff or wants to spend hours looking for the solution.....any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm thinking of deleted the CSGO files from my registry, or reinstalling steam all together......... I wont do either of these without confirmation I wont lose any data I cant get back.....

I'd try deleting you CS:GO folder save your CFG and important files before you do so, maps are re-downloadable though. If that doesn't work it could be something much bigger and technical that I have no business in talking about.

Thanks for the suggestion,

What important files would need saving before deleting.....I have no knowledge in this stuff :)

you config.cfg if you have customized hotkeys you use like binds and what not. Also you will want to save any personal files you have thrown in there like maps etc. other than that it's pretty much default files in there.

Yeah, sadly this didn't work. Exact same thing. Said it was performing first time set up and once that window closed - nothing.

*Reinstall it

*Check for any missing files nor cache it

*type -windowed on launch options

(Library-CS:GO-Right click-launch options-type it out)

if any of those 3 din't work contact valve

(i highly doubt they do anything)