Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Time To Rethink Teamspeak?

SuperChargerFan

To most members of hg, it is commonplace to know the rules and common consequences of discussing inappropriate in teamspeak (Exp. Racism). Most times it is clear where the line is and people don't generally try to dance around it when major consequences are due...

...but...well...

There have been a lot of disarray between what people deem inappropriate and what other people don't. This isn't to say that some people in teamspeak are racist, but there are groups that tend to allow such comments to be said and some that frown upon. When it comes to rooms such as, say, Table for 5, the people in there are so varied that common rules cannot be said for that channel. However, channels like Counter Strike, Team Fortress, and League of Legends tend to have a large majority of members whom have common views on such controversial topics. Is there a way that we could not make this a global rule but instead a divisional rule, where the channel description would detail what topics are appropriate/inappropriate. Hopefully, this will help our members avoid making offensive dialogue in some channels and keep them from being offended in others...

If it's a joke, and it's funny, then I think it should be allowed.

But repetitive jokes on a race that aren't funny, or just straight racism is bad and should be enforced.

People need to learn to laugh at themselves sometimes.

Problem is what is a joke to one person is offensive to another. I am not offended easily at all, it's just not my personality. I am half mexican and I could careless what people say about mexicans. But there are others who get very offended. It doesn't make them a bad person or me a better person, it's just a difference in personalities and opinion.

Edited by Sonick
  • Like 1

division rules... HG has very set-in-stone rules about racism, and just general global rules about severe disrespect/trash talking/trolling/controversial subjects. And no channel has different rules.

The problem you are probably seeing is that it is VERY hard to gather proper evidence from teamspeak, that we will take as proof, as we do not accept hearsay from regular members as proof. Many of these channels get away with subjects against the rules, because no one knows how to gather proof. You typically can't go into a channel and start recording, as teamspeak goes "Oh, hey, <username> is now recording", and everyone shuts up. Very few people know that if you have a dedicated sound card (IE, 75% of notebooks), you can actually record sound output rather than going through teamspeak, and alerting people.

tl;dr? We have global rules that apply to ALL channels, and servers run by HG for that matter, but they are very hard to enforce in teampseak, as the average user can not properly gather evidence, and repeat offenders know this.

• Like 1

Racism is no laughing matter and this is clearly a rule that is to be obeyed by EVERY area of HG (who told you it wasn't??)

That being said.....some people are to fucking sensitive.

Take every redcoat in this community for example. As soon as I mention the American revolution they get all butt hurt.

And when I mention that soccer is a boring sport and no one should play it they get all offended. Its not my fault they were born in either Bitish land, irish land, canada land or anywhere that's not America. Stupid redcoats.

Racism is no laughing matter and this is clearly a rule that is to be obeyed by EVERY area of HG (who told you it wasn't??)

That being said.....some people are to fucking sensitive.

Take every redcoat in this community for example. As soon as I mention the American revolution they get all butt hurt.

And when I mention that soccer is a boring sport and no one should play it they get all offended. Its not my fault they were born in either Bitish land, irish land, canada land or anywhere that's not America. Stupid redcoats.

On that note. Basketball is a shitty sport.