Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Am Unable To Join The Game (Garry's Mod (Evocity))

Alex Taylor

I used to play on the Garrys mod (map evocity) on my moms school computer. (MacBook pro) It worked just fine on that computer. Then I got a brand new MacBook of my own, and whenever i try to join the game, it starts loading, and then the window just closes, and a tab says hlsx (or whatever it is) quit unexpectedly. i had lots of fun on the server, but now I can't join the game, and I've already tried verifying the game cache thing. Any ideas to help?

Update: now I join the game and all i see is a black and purple screen, with the health stamina ect, but that's all. Does this mean I need to instal a texture pack or something, or that they are closer to fixing the problem? (no objects or anything, just a purple and black screen)

Edited by Alex Taylor

Lower your graphics all the way. Lower everything you can to as low as it goes. Perp does not run well on mac. At all. At all at all at all. It takes me 10 minutes to load the map even after connecting dozens of times (one of the reasons I don't play perp) and even then it's laggy and glitchy.

I don't know why it worked on the other computer but the experience you're currently having is the same one I have.