Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Map Change

xPwnHD

Greetings.

I think the map should be changed. I recently explored rp_evocity_v2p, And I think it is way better than the current one we have [v33x].

My reasons are that:

Pros:

*v2p has a working train that actually stops at places.

*v2p has all of the current things in v33x, and more.

*v2p is more colorful. This can be a con depending on how you view it.

*v2p has more detail and overall looks better.

*v2p has a higher contrast [if that makes sense].

Cons:

*v2p Requires alot more textures than v33x, which would mean you would have to download HL2/CSS/TF2.

*It may take some time to reset the npcs and stuff.

Pros and Cons [They seem like a bit of both]

*v2p is more colorful

*Not as many servers have v2p

I realize it's an earlier version, but please try it out, I really like the map.

oh, and this.

post-18573-0-80372400-1370213732_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's my understanding that we had the v2 map, and changed it around a year and a bit ago to the current one.

I've never heard of the train on that map tho, I think that may of just been the server's own additions..... The OCRP map has a subway system, but that was still empty 24/7.....

I don't see much wrong with the current map.....

Also.....link to map download or somethin?

It's my understanding that we had the v2 map, and changed it around a year and a bit ago to the current one.

I've never heard of the train on that map tho, I think that may of just been the server's own additions..... The OCRP map has a subway system, but that was still empty 24/7.....

I don't see much wrong with the current map.....

Also.....link to map download or somethin?

Link to map: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=131219

in perp you dont start with a car and there is currently no bus job. on the current map i can run anywhere in a maximum of 3 minutes. on this map? i havent timed it but i assume its a MUCH greater distance.

would need taxis/bus driver to be noob friendly at all, otherwise theyre just confined to the city or walking 12 miles.

another problem is there is only one gas station on the entire map at current

just the first few things that came to mind

in perp you dont start with a car and there is currently no bus job. on the current map i can run anywhere in a maximum of 3 minutes. on this map? i havent timed it but i assume its a MUCH greater distance.

would need taxis/bus driver to be noob friendly at all, otherwise theyre just confined to the city or walking 12 miles.

another problem is there is only one gas station on the entire map at current

just the first few things that came to mind

Took me around 40 mins to explore the OCRP map with lv1 stamina. Even then I was still confused as hell as where things were.

im sure i dont just speak for myself when i say i like the current map because i know where everything is, and exactly how to get there. took me awhile to figure out the current map and I'd hate to have to do it again. i think a new map is more work then its worth

current map is getting old, IMO and is just a remake of the original evocity which got old four years ago. v2p is larger, which makes it more noob friendly, because less chances of them being raided due to more overall places to base. I think it would be cool to have a taxi job anyway, and if that's not an option, this map does have a subway which means the noobs could have a way of getting to the suburbs. which means they can easily get to about half of the map (ciry / suburbs) without running / walking ridiculous distances.

There was an RP server a year or so ago which switched to this map right when it came out, and it went over well except for the missing content which some users did not have, but that same problem is true for the current map.

EDIT Just started the map up, and i must not have my games mounted to gmod correctly, almost all the grass, roads, and some buildings are pink, and theres errors floating everywhere. I could see how this would be a problem unless yous could distribute the needed content to people joining the server, this would not work.

Edited by Spiffy

• 1 month later...