Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Perp And The Gmod Steampipe Update

Kigen

• Executive Council

The new SteamPipe update for GMod has one major change to our PERP server. The downloads table is cut in half. That means that the server can only list 4096 files instead of the full ~7100 files for PERP. Garry is refusing to fix this issue.

I am working on workarounds for this issue. Please be patient while I work on this.

• Executive Council

The server will no longer be able to give you all the PERP content when you connect.

If you are connecting for the first time or had to wipe your Garry's Mod folder you'll need to download PERP Content.

http://fastdl.bortweb.com/garrysmod/PERP_Content.7z

Incoming noob question:

Once you download the content do you just open the "content" folder and drag everything inside of it into your steamaccount/garrysmod/garrysmod folder?

And also since I updated steam recently my second garrys mod folder now reads garrysmod_old, should it be like that or should I change it back to just garrysmod?

Edited by Justin Wallin

SteamPipe also fucked up my addons. The only things that are working is when I have the .lua files in the actual /garrysmod/lua server folder instead of /garrysmod/addons. But that's just with my BaconBot. Fucken Garry. Everything was going well until this.

• Executive Council

If you see this when joining our PERP server then you need the content.

Content should be extracted to the "download" folder inside your "garrysmod" folder.

If you have something else going wrong then try reinstalling Garry's Mod. Uninstall it via Steam's "Delete Local Cache" option. Then go to your Steam/steamapps//garrysmod folder and rename/move/delete it. Then reinstall Garry's Mod. It will now be located in Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod.

but waht do i do after i downlaod the content? do i drag the content winrar folder into the garrysmod folder? PLZ HALP ME!

You need to extract the files from the zipped file into the Garry's Mod folder. You can't just drag a Winrar file into the folder expecting it to work.

• Executive Council

If your GMod gets corrupted. Its more likely during the SteamPipe conversion.

• 1 month later...