Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Manual/automatic Cars +Some Other Suggestions

xPwnHD

Greetings,

Idea #1: Transmissions

I haz an idea. I think it would be a great addition to put in Manual transmission for cars.

How It Would Work:

*When you buy a car, a little box will show up asking if you want to use either Manual or Automatic.

If you are unhappy/bought the wrong transmission, you could switch for 10k or so to the desired transmission.

You would also be able to customize the gearbox and add other speeds, like 5 speed > 6 speed and so on.

I know it may be complicated to code, or you might think its useless, but it would add more realism to the game, not to mention you might be able to host drag races and stuff. Or when you're just cruising around bored. Also, if you didn't shift correctly your car would stall. [Try driving while pressing spacebar rapidly, that would be what it would feel like.]

Idea #2: Bodykits

I think it would be great to have in bodykits. I see other servers with it, and I think it would add more depth into the game, just think, you could show off your style and make your cars look cool.

Idea #3: Upgrades

You could be able to upgrade engine, intake, and other stuff. You could also make your car sound awesome. This would be more potential for races cuz you won't be racing in a stock car. The dude that paints your car could install upgrades.

Idea #4: Sound System

You could install custom systems into your car. These could improve bass, and amplify sound on the radio. Also installed by the paint guy.

Idea #5: Vinyls

You could spray an image on your car.

Idea #6: Window Tint

The guy that paints your car would also add tints.

I may add more ideas as they come to me.

Thanks for reading, please take these ideas into consideration.

-Pwn

• Like 1

#1 -> It is a lite server

#2 -> Already have a place next to the car dealer to paint/upgrade car

#3 -> See #2, any further upgrades just require you to buy a better car

#4 -> We don't need cars to become more annoying than they already are

#5 -> Just no.

#6 -> Seriously?

#7 -> You obviously don't know how gmod works...if you did you would understand how convoluted that would be.

Edited by Papa John

#1 -> It is a lite server

#2 -> Already have a place next to the car dealer to paint/upgrade car

#3 -> See #2, any further upgrades just require you to buy a better car

#4 -> We don't need car to become more annoying than they already are

#5 -> Just no.

#6 -> Seriously?

#7 -> You obviously don't know how gmod works...if you did you would understand how convoluted that would be.

They are suggestions, I never said they would be easy. For #7 I never said it was easy, I said it could be easy. also, they are imo. thx for constructive feedback

• Executive Council

There are limitations in the Source engine that prevent me from effectively doing that. At least if I don't want to force everyone to download another GB of damage models.

• 1 month later...