Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Perp Textures Problem

gf022

Since the last garry's mod update my PERP textures have been completely screwed up. I have done everything i possibly can to fix it such as: the DLC, used any tutorials that i could find; i even placed the content pack in my downloads folder over 10 different ways, even deleted an re-installed all my source games. The only thing that I have not tried is the steam-pipe beta, i have a reason too; when i enter the beta's in gmod i click the category's scroller and i find the following; NONE- opt out of all beta programs, Dev- Development Branch. Maybe i have done something wrong maybe i have not I'm unsure. Any suggestions on what else to do i would highly appreciate. I will provide a few pictures below to see why I have brought this up... If more pictures are needed tell me and I will gladly post it, again any suggestions would be extremely helpful right now.

post-16833-0-65683000-1371198335_thumb.jpg

Edited by gf022

The pictures got an error code for some reason so i will explain what happens when i join the server. I get a full screen of pink and black while only being able to see names in the background and this will happen in very other building too and that is IF i ever get out of Nexus. Again any help would be appreciated.

Edited by gf022

http://hellsgamers.c...e-perp-content/

Just follow that guide, if your garry's mod folder is not in the common section then you must reinstall the game.

Sadly I have done this, i have followed this guide through and through 4-5 times but thanks for replying! Like i said everything helps me in this case,

Edited by gf022

Take a screenshot so we can see what texture issues you are having.

I did. However, when i tried to post it gave me an error I'll try and put it down again on the main topic at the top...... Nvm i got it to work. Like I said too if you need more I will be more than happy to take and post them on here

Edited by gf022

• Executive Council

Your missing the content. So that would be the PERP_Content.7z.

You have to make sure its extracted to the right folder and has the right folder structure.

Make sure that you extract it to Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/download

So in that folder should be the material, models, etc folders.

Okay now Im confused is it the download folder or the downloadS folder? Everyone is saying make sure it is the one with the S. I'll try the download too if it works ill post back that it did.

Edited by gf022

Your missing the content. So that would be the PERP_Content.7z.

You have to make sure its extracted to the right folder and has the right folder structure.

Make sure that you extract it to Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/download

So in that folder should be the material, models, etc folders.

I have put the content folder in both the downloads folder and download folder and it still refuses to work, any other ideas?

Edited by gf022

so you're not actually extracting the "content" folder, located inside the 7zip archive into the "download" folder, but rather extracting the contents of the "content" folder into the "download" folder.

its confusing, but that's how i got it to work, in case anyone else is having trouble

• 4 weeks later...

so you're not actually extracting the "content" folder, located inside the 7zip archive into the "download" folder, but rather extracting the contents of the "content" folder into the "download" folder.

its confusing, but that's how i got it to work, in case anyone else is having trouble

Sorry wasn't going back on here after i got it to work but that is exactly what i did