Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Updates,rules And Package Updates.

JaX

Hello folks..

I know there's a BIG Gmod meeting coming up. So i thought i would take the time to share a few idea's and maybe get some positive input from players and admins alike..

This thread isnt for flames !!!!!!!!!!!!! MANY want to help the Perp server and it is in my hopes this will be ammo for the upcoming meeting..

So here it goes.

Gmod packages.

To many VIP is useless.. yea it gives you cars etc. But honestly. GOLD is where its at.. Many think the package for it's price is a fair deal..

Instead. Offer a platinum and black package.

Platinum would receive +2 Genes and REGULAR POLICE ARMOR. ( i figure kigen could figure something out with the armor... It would be renewed after each death)

BLACK would get +3 Genes and SWAT ARMOR..

BOTH would be able to receive THE SAME new cars.. I know there's a Porsche 911 and other models out there that could be offered.

Without the phys gun.. Perp is near impossible to get ahead in.. you can't base.. you have no extra genes to make anything other then glocks and pistol ammo for the most part. Maybe for people with more then 3 weeks in server..we could give a break to the cost of gold.. ( your going to gain more out of plat and black anyway )

this would be part of the CSS and TF2 upgrade package.

Rulez

CARBOMBS!

I know that many people have gotten into trouble concerning carbombs.

Here's a few ideas in which they could be used.

* For taking out the mayor ( After a valid threat via advert has been made and 3 paychecks have passed )

* For raiding any org . ANYWHERE IN THE MAP.

* for planting on police to help evade POLICE while warranted.

Reason for this is its a tactical tool in the game..if your raiding.. there's no sense in planting carbombs @ the property because people you are raiding will most likely die.. therefore they will re-spawn their car in city and the large amount of money it took to make the bomb in the 1st place is gone. Also it prevents the org members being raided from running to base right away and helping their org by flanking the raiders from behind.

Not to mention..You cant lockpick,shoot,avoid being shot,molly and carbomb at the same time right?

* ONLY PAYING GOLD+ MEMBERS CAN MAKE THEM ANYWAY. so why restrict PAYING customers from using them?.. Its almost an automatic ban for anyone using them as i write this.

Its not that hard to see in logs that a raid has begun...so look at whos doing it and what org they are in.. Maybe have players say something in org chat before they plant so the raid and carbomb are started/planted at the same time. ie: /org Carbomb planted on so-and-so begin raid. AND MAKE THAT A REQUIREMENT..its not hard to know whos in what org. im sure logs and ingame org list show it..also mods/Da/DL's play on a regular basis..So they can see it because they see all org chats/pm's sent..so nothing is RANDOM

there has to be a way they can be allowed to be more part of the game.. No i don't believe that you should be allowed to go around and car bomb everyone at anytime..BUT car bombs and door breachers used ingame more would be a cool thing for those people who do pay for gold +

Ingame rules book needs updated!!!!

In forums.. show property lines.. where they start and end.. MTL,Sky and Tides could really gain from this.. some know.. most don't.

Cars..we could use a few more.

<<<--- that would be cool!

but ive seen porsche 911 and many others that could be offered.

Other misc.

A) fix clocks if possible.

B) are radios even working?

C) can we get the atm at car dealer back?

thats all i can think of off the top of my head... im sure theres a ton more. If you post a comment please be POSITIVE.. No one gets anywhere flaming.

thanks for your time and consideration..

Brian aka JaX

• Like 5

* for planting on police to help evade POLICE while warranted.

The problem I have with this is people wouldn't even do it to evade police, it would just go to bait and kill cops. ( Instead of trying to get rid of warrant)

so why restrict PAYING customers from using them?..

I don't know about if it's true that only Gold can make them :/ but I know that anyone can use them so, they can be sold in shops and then anyone would be able to use them.

Just my opinion. I do think they should still have other uses though ;)

I think it would be pretty cool to have new cars ;)..

Edited by Arezk

I dont think adding more genes with the other packages would be fair. Adding more genes for other players with the bigger package gives an unfair advantage and enable them to make almost anything rather to just switch genes and make other items. When you think about it look at SWAT. Now look at a good play with Full Armor and any gun = OP. SWAT are already too much trouble on the streets we dont need players out there too. Though I can probably agree with Moderate Armor since it doesnt really last too much.

Edited by MyMindIsBlank

how many people do you think will afford black?

that constant 99 bucks per month per person will really help the community.

YOU CAN SIGN ME UP!

JUST LIKE JB OR PERP CASH.. If you want to get somehwere in the game.. Sometimes. You have to pay a small fee IRL to get ahead.

Like people that go from gold to vip.. they get to keep the phys gun and their genes.

Make the price of GOLD a dollar or so cheaper for those with 2-3 weeks ingame and add the above packages i mentioned then drop vip all together. HG will see AT LEAST a 10-30% bump in revenue. ( which pays for the servers and other HG upgrades to come :)

The extra genes and armor are for those whom are willing to pay for the servers FULL abilities.

Edited by JaX

honestly the armor would make it pay to win... its not fair IMO and one org of rich kids will just own everyone....but making armor purchasable in game as an equipable/craftable item that you lose when you die would be a good idea.

• Like 5

I also think car bombs should be allowed to reduce the number of raiders as in one lonely guy left after massive raid car bombs the raiders to have a better chance in a 1 vs 5++ players sounds allowed for me besides how else is ppl gonna spend over 10k should be allowed to use it also i think it will get ppl to spending more money in perp!!

One possible car bomb rule is to be able to use it on cops when you are aout to rob the bank, the first thing the cops do is speed off in their cars to get you so it would make sense to use it. The rule would have to be strictly enforced tough, maybe 2 minutes to rob the bankafter pointing the car bomb?

ANYONE can get/buy genes..Who gets tired of spending 50k to swap genes to make what they want? ALOT OF PEOPLE.

THE ARMOR is for MANY people who already have a ton of play time in server and are willing to pay for it.. would be nice because what if your basing alone?

4 boxes of rifle ammo + uzi + armor VS 3-5 RAIDERS = fair fight.

not many people will have 99 bucks a month.. but its a good boost and perk for the community and for that... we SHOULD get a little extra.

Most people end up in orgs anyway. bound to be a few plat and black members to help defend a raid and aid those inside the base that DONT HAVE IT.

Edited by JaX

[/size]

I actually thought that you had to pay 50k to switch genes but its actually 5k.

Isn't it 10k, anyway I also agree that they should have an option to have other people invite people into the org. I know when the org leader takes a vacation and cannot invite people, this will cause the org to die. They should have the option allowing the org leader to give certain powers in the game such as inviting, kicking people out and so on. Also I agree with have more vehicles such as motorcycles since that will allow for more role playing such as having biker org, such as the Hell's Angels and so on. <-- Keep in mind this will populate the server even more since most perp servers do not have this option.

Al-thought, I do make one recommendation which is to have an option where you can just purchase the phys gun ever month alone, maybe having it $5 a month.

Isn't it 10k, anyway I also agree that they should have an option to have other people invite people into the org. I know when the org leader takes a vacation and cannot invite people, this will cause the org to die. They should have the option allowing the org leader to give certain powers in the game such as inviting, kicking people out and so on. Also I agree with have more vehicles such as motorcycles since that will allow for more role playing such as having biker org, such as the Hell's Angels and so on. <-- Keep in mind this will populate the server even more since most perp servers do not have this option.

Al-thought, I do make one recommendation which is to have an option where you can just purchase the phys gun ever month alone, maybe having it $5 a month.

Yes to motorcycles, no to paying $5 for the phys gun. The packages were created for a reason, and I don't expect you will see them changing any time soon.

Most of your ideas are good and some of them I would like to see added, but I think the main thing right now is resolving the fix regarding downloads for the server. Ever since GMOD converted to SteamPipe it cut the downloads in half for the server and has caused a lot of people to have problems. I think once we find an easy fix to that then we can add some nice things. Your concern for property lines will most definitely be handled during the meeting as well as carbomb rule.

NEEDS TO BE A LAW THAT STOPS PEOPLE THAT DIE IN RAIDS RETURNING AS COPS AND HELPING THEIR ORG... BY THE TIME THE GO BE A COP AND GE TO SUBS... NLR IS OVER

Edited by JaX

just say it azrek,,, As long as it's +

Thanks Magic.. It's good to see Da+ in the thread..

I know about the steam pipe deal. Maybe take a vote on most hated car and lose it to be replaced with a new 1.

Same with other options. But let the community in on it.. The more hg community's input on the server we have the better off we are.

besides were the ones playing in it :) and everyone can share in the joy in what we created TOGETHER.

We have some great coders and graphic people in HG.. Kigen,Soccer,Super and others get together..I doubt there's much they couldn't achieve.

it all comes down to wanting it.. Wanting it for the community and wanting it for yourself because you enjoy something.

Edited by JaX
  • Like 1

• Executive Council

For the co-leader org stuff; it's not really plausibly it will ever happen. The org script is very buggy as it is, and to add co-leaders would require a complete rewrite of the script.

That is the intention.