Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need To Quit Smoking. Any Tips From Success Please?

GoatFeathers

I know everyone likes to horse around on here and this might not be the best place to ask but I have had a lot of good conversations with many of the good people, here and around HG.

I really need to quit smoking cigarettes I have been smoking a pack a day for 6 years now and I have a quit date set for August 5th. I'm pretty anxious about the whole thing.

I was wondering if anyone else out there had any success or knew anyone who did and could share some cognitive or general advice with me.

:P Any help would honestly be greatly appreciated.

One thing you could look into is an e-cig. They come in all different shapes and sizes. I smoke 0mg of nicotine so it's just vapor however they make different amounts for however much people smoke. There should be a shop in your area (wherever that is) that can get you hooked up with a kit. After the initial purchase they're cheaper than cigarettes and they come in all different flavors. My favorite is mint chocolate chip but they have just about anything you can think of.

the guys at this shop really know their stuff and can help you out. WIth an e-cig you still get the feeling of smoking and can gradually decrease the nicotine without all the harmful chemicals in cigs. Plus you can smoke indoors and around people without bothering them.

http://altsmoke.com/

I quit for a year after 2 years of smoking, i've started again now but, i was given some really helpful advice which was to keep one single cigarette on you at all times so you knew if you wanted one you could have it, but if you resisted it for a day then you could resist it for a while.