Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

In The Market For A New Mouse. What Ones You Use?

GoatFeathers

If you haven't gotten a mouse yet, I've got the G700 and I'm extremely, extremely happy with it. I haven't noticed any input lag in wireless mode, the buttons come in handy when I program them, and its nice and comfortable. [i've played five hours in a row before, my hands haven't been sore at all. The battery lasts fine through that time, although it has gotten down to the red lights a few times.]

Two things if you're going to get it though:

1. Will you use the buttons? The mouse is freaking awesome whether you're using the buttons or not, but it's something to think about. There are people who spend hours configuring awesome profiles for their mice, but then never use half of them.

2. The cable for wired play is pretty stiff. If you've got a 90 degree angle in it a foot in front of where you'll be using it, it'll be a pain. What I've done is put a weight on the cord in front of it with a little bit of a corkscrew in the cable between the weight and the mouse. I hardly even notice the difference between wired and wireless when I use it like that.

Another thing to think about if you're debating between the regular and the "s" version. Will you actually use the extra DPI? I've messed around with my G700, and 1200 is my DPI, with max "mouse speed" on CSS and TF2. I never thought I'd be using it that low, but that's where I've noticed the most skill while still being able to do things like Bhop and Surf.

I also heard somewhere that the "s" is made out of higher quality materials, designed specially to last longer. While that won't make a difference if you fry it with drinks and stuff, it's worth a Google if that's something that matters to you.

• 3 weeks later...