Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Game Reccomendation Request

Shepard

Does anyone know of a game that is similar to the Mothership Zeta Crew mod for Fallout 3 in that you play the "supreme commander" of a faction that you essentially run and coordinate? I really liked how MZC made you feel like a badass and the leader of the most powerful faction in the wasteland. I would rather the game be simulation/rpg in style; no rts games etc. I just recently watched Starship Troopers for like the 7th time and it reminded me of the mod and how much I loved it, but I don't really feel like playing Fallout... I know this is probably a ridiculous request but what the hell.

PS couldn't find a forum in games to put this thread in so sorry if it's in the wrong place...

What exactly is perp? I've heard about a million times but I've never played it. Please don't hang me :cheesy:

Perp stands for Pulsar Effect Role Play. Pulsar Effect were the community who developed the mod.

It's a roleplay gamemode for Gmod. You drive around the city, grow drugs, make guns, shoot people, be cops etc.....

It's a hell load of fun. The reason I mentioned it was cause you talked about factions. In Perp there are a few different organizations going at any one time, just people who grow and shoot people together.

I been playing it for a year straight, and I ain't bored of it yet...... and on sale I think you can buy Gmod for $1 so yea.....

The one game I would Recommend is XCOM: Enemy Unknown (or the older ones if you like, but I don't think you'd be into that). It might not be exactly what you're looking for (in terms of "simulation"). It's technically not an RTS, more of a turn-based strategy. Hard to explain it really, you command a military corporation called XCOM, meant to deal with extraterrestrials. Aliens basically are invading and you have to stop it, you choose where you're company devotes it's research/equipment, each soldier you play with has a name, and if they die, they die forever. You choose what weapons each soldier uses and their equipment. You choose which countries to launch satellites in for surveillance etc.

Most of that game basically is choice.

Also don't play PERP it's bad.

Perp stands for Pulsar Effect Role Play. Pulsar Effect were the community who developed the mod.

It's a roleplay gamemode for Gmod. You drive around the city, grow drugs, make guns, shoot people, be cops etc.....

It's a hell load of fun. The reason I mentioned it was cause you talked about factions. In Perp there are a few different organizations going at any one time, just people who grow and shoot people together.

I been playing it for a year straight, and I ain't bored of it yet...... and on sale I think you can buy Gmod for $1 so yea.....

Thanks for the explanation, it sounds awesome and I will definitely check it out. I watched a video of it on Youtube and I like the idea of having your own job etc.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R clear sky is heavily based around faction wars and factions I'm not sure about controlling your own faction though

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out!

Edited by Commander Shepard

The one game I would Recommend is XCOM: Enemy Unknown (or the older ones if you like, but I don't think you'd be into that). It might not be exactly what you're looking for (in terms of "simulation"). It's technically not an RTS, more of a turn-based strategy. Hard to explain it really, you command a military corporation called XCOM, meant to deal with extraterrestrials. Aliens basically are invading and you have to stop it, you choose where you're company devotes it's research/equipment, each soldier you play with has a name, and if they die, they die forever. You choose what weapons each soldier uses and their equipment. You choose which countries to launch satellites in for surveillance etc.

Most of that game basically is choice.

Also don't play PERP it's bad.

I played XCOM:EU a million times and I absolutely love it. Good recommendation; glad to see people are playing it!

Maybe try just cause 2. It's heavy on your computer but if you can run it, it's a lot of fun. You can destroy so many things and there's so many different vehicles and weapons that make it such a creative and awesome game.

I played Just Cause 2, but wasn't really a fan of it :/. It was fun for a little bit, but I feel like the missions just got too repetative.

What exactly is perp? I've heard about a million times but I've never played it. Please don't hang me :cheesy:

First go to the server listing. Copy the perp servers IP and connect with that..... Just walk away for about 2 hours after that... Give or take. After that, enjoy!

• Like 1