Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

My Colonel Grandpa. Rip Harry A. Messier. (Pics Of Metals..)

XxwonderbredxX

Hey Guys... I just wanna share a little family history of mine.. (:

IT'S WELL WORTH THE READ! :D

314127_116269705139828_646625_n.jpg294727_116269725139826_283257_n.jpg

My Grandpa Colonel Harry A. Messier was an AMAZING man. He Achieved more than ANYONE I know. He was in the US Army for over 35 years. At the time of his Honorable Discharge he was a Colonel, served in the Army for 35 years. He got two Bronze stars, one in WWII at the rank of 1st Lt. The second one in Vietnam at the rank of Lt. Colonel(as a supply officer) He got two Purple Hearts Both in Vietnam. He was in WWII, Vietnam, and The Korean War.

Metals He Received:

WWII Victory Metal, European African Middle Eastern Campaign Metal (Victory Metal?), American Campaign Metal, National Defense Metal, Two Bronze Stars With Oak Leaf Clusters, Two Purple Hearts. He had a EXPERT Marksmanship Badge with Two Clasp's Rifle, and Pistol. He had over 20 Ribbon's.

A Recommendation For Reward Document he had said: (for the lazy people, the red is the stuff to read)

Lieutenant Messier distinguished himself by meritorious service in connection with operations against the enemy from 10 Jan to 17 Apr 45.

This officer, serving with a rifle platoon in B Company, 311th Infantry Regiment, was platoon leader, and, during the various engagements in the snow and cold of the Siegfried Line, served efficiently, leading his men against the enemy with aggressiveness but with such tactical skill that casualties were kept at a minimum.

During the engagement at Schmidt, Germany, in addition to his other duties, Lieutenant Messier served as executive officer of the company. At times he was acting company commander.

This officer led numerous patrols into enemy territory both on reconnaissance and combat missions. Through his decisive action and skillful maneuvering he had remarkable success, gaining information of much value to his company and to the regiment.

Lieutenant Messier throughout the campaign, from the Siegfried Line through the Cologne Plain, the extension of the Remagen Bridgehead and the clearing of the Ruhr Pocket, displayed courage and skill which were exemplary to the men of this command. His Service was in accord with the highest military traditions.

post-20810-0-69876400-1380771823_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-31618300-1380771824_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-81825700-1380771824_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-24786200-1380771825_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-64988800-1380771825_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-98220600-1380771825_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-34363400-1380771826_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-70288100-1380771826_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-19889600-1380771827_thumb.jpg

post-20810-0-63608700-1380771827_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hey Guys... I just wanna share a little family history of mine.. (:

I lost my grandfather a few years ago and I recall at his funeral the pastor telling us, "He didn't leave you with riches. He left you with his good name and he left you with his legacy."

Never forget where you came from and never stop telling the stories of generations past.

Sirius

• Like 3

Wow, very impressive stuff. True show of what a soldier can be. Rest In Peace sir!

Yeah, it's quite something ain't it. Indeed, but every soldier can be Great, metal or no metal, just the fact you became a soldier is great. Thanks, he is. ^.^

I lost my grandfather a few years ago and I recall at his funeral the pastor telling us, "He didn't leave you with riches. He left you with his good name and he left you with his legacy." Never forget where you came from and never stop telling the stories of generations past. Sirius

I'm sorry to hear that Bro.:/ DANG! I really like that!! Good pastor, he's preachin' the truth. I never will.

Real amazing stories and background! Thanks for sharing, it's nice to read and see things like this.

Thanks Polo! Yeah I feel like people in the military should have some respect and let people know what they do for our country. I hate when I see things on Facebook about Celebs going to jail and stuff, its like what about the people who protect our country yah know?

"We are from god and, too god we shall return."

He's seems like a great guy.

I like that quote, where'd yah get it from? And he was, thank you(:

Must worked so hard for it. Seems like A great man

Yeah he did, he told me that if he didn't work hard, he'd end up fallen. He was, Thanks.:D

yep born and raised off of irving park rd (rt.19)

By like Irving park and Addsion type area. Like The HIP Mall..?

Always sad to see another WW2 vet go.

Indeed it is, but he passed away with no regrets and knowing he did something great for our country.