Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Redeemer Suggestion - Zombie Survival

Gomorrah

This might make redeeming too powerful, it's already enough to change the tide of a battle. Maybe we could try it out for a while and see how it goes. I think redeemers should have a bit more health or something but I'm not sure a hammer would be balanced. Redeemer spawn points (usually on tops of zombies lol) make the difference for that

it's already enough to change the tide of a battle.

Redeemers are the best pistols and yet are the worst. Their accuracy isn't very good and pretty much any SMG does more damage faster not to mention the zombie drill and revolver both do more damage per bullet and have better accuracy.

They could use it to survive till the end of the wave and then fall back into the main cade.

Most zombies know when someone redeems, they usually attempt to kill said person as quickly as possible. A barricade for them will only delay their death slightly.

If the cade is being attacked heavily I qould rather have a grenade,than a hammer

A grenade would be the best bet considering the redeemer is trying to get into the main barricade, zombies are attacking it and usually in large numbers. An explosive is a good idea to clear them out.

Something that didn't occur to me earlier is that if redeeming is more powerful, people will be more motivated to actually try as a zombie. That's a really large benefit seeing as a lot of people quit when they become a zombie.

EDIT:

Here's some ways we might be able to fix this:

-Getting back any unclaimed items you had when you died when you redeem

Lets say I buy a boomstick early on. No one else spawn camps and I get unlucky and die. I'm very demotivated to be a zombie, but no one grabs my gun because everyone was forced into the barricades. I manage to get 4 kills and I respawn with my boomstick and ammo. Not sure if this or other fixes are codeable, but yeah.

-Getting human points when you do things as a zombie

Kills. Redeeming. Becoming boss zombie. Staying the entire round. Currently you don't get any points for being a zombie, and while I agree humans should get them faster I'm positive it would motivate people more. I hear this is already being worked on.

-Saving brains between rounds.

This one I'm not so sure about, I thought about it as I wrote these. If redeeming is more powerful it could actually make it harder for the zombies, but it's something to consider.

Edited by Matt Marche