Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

For Those Who Do Not Understand..obamacare.

JaX

A retired Constitutional lawyer has read the entire proposed health care bill. Read his conclusions and pass this on as you wish. This is stunning!

Please take the time to read this and forward it out as you see fit.

Thanks

The Truth About the Health Care Bills

– Michael Connelly, Ret. Constitutional Attorney

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed House Bill 3200:

The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009.

I studied it with particular emphasis from my area of expertise, constitutional law. I was frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance companies out of business, and put everyone into a government run system. All decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal bureaucrats, and most of them will not be health care professionals.Hospital admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical devices will be strictly controlled by the government.

However, as scary as all of that is, it just scratches the surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated. If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the U.S. Government. The Congress will be transferring to the Obama Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the American people, and the businesses they own.

The irony is that the Congress doesn't have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with! I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access, by the appointees of the Obama administration, in direct violation of the specific provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution, of all of your personal healthcare information, your personal financial information, and the information of your employer, physician, and hospital. All of this is a protecting against unreasonable searches and seizures. You can also forget about the right to privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the 3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have healthcare insurance, or if you have private insurance that is not deemed acceptable to the Health Choices Administrator appointed by Obama, there will be a tax imposed on you. It is called a tax instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However , that doesn't work because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of property without the due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far left hate so much, out the original ten in the Bill of Rights, that are effectively nullified by this law. It doesn't stop there though.

The 9th Amendment that provides: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people;

The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Under the provisions of this piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to control.

I could write many more pages about this legislation, but I think you get the idea. This is not about health care; it is about seizing power and limiting rights. Article 6 of the Constitution requires the members of both houses of Congress to "be bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution." If I was a member of Congress I would not be able to vote for this legislation or anything like it, without feeling I was violating that sacred oath or affirmation. If I voted for it anyway, I would hope the American people would hold me accountable.

For those who might doubt the nature of this threat, I suggest they consult the source, the US Constitution, and Bill of Rights. There you can see exactly what we are about to have taken from us.

Michael Connelly

Retired attorney,

Constitutional Law Instructor

So what He's saying is.. Obamacare is and always will be an unconstitutional FORCED biased so called healthcare thats 7+ billion dollars..

I love being middle class.. So many new cool taxes to pay!

Im going to start posting factual issues many of you will find interesting. next will be Washington DC and who owns it exactly and why..

Also..When you study law.. You have to pass the B.A.R. exam to be a lawyer... Google "what does BAR stand for in the bar exam" and read carefully.

thanks

• Like 4

It's not a B.A.R. exam lol... it's "the bar exam." It's an exam you take to join "the bar," which is a common law colloquial term that judges and lawyers used to refer to all practitioners of law.

What you've posted in the OP is one opinion written by one non-authoritative source of law that many do share. That being said, Connelly isn't exactly the most well-credentialed authority on the subject you could have chosen to adopt ideas from. Frankly, he graduated from a mid-range law school, practiced law "specializing" in "constitutional law" (which honestly doesn't actually mean anything; if you ever argue about your client's rights, you are arguing about constitutional law), and the fact that his teaching experienced is mostly online leads me to believe that schools did not find him qualified enough to teach in a tenured university position.

But all that is only on the respect one should have while reading his writing/research. As a Republican (moderate-right) myself, I'll be straightforward on this. The constitutionality of Obamacare has been decided already. NFIB v. Sebelius set that point already. It found one section of the bill unconstitutional and severable, and found the rest of it constitutional under the Court's interpretation. Thank you for this post, and you of course always have the right to have and share your own opinion, but it's a moot point. Constitutionality is a matter determined by context; separate but equal went from the norm, to "constitutional," to "inherently unequal" and unconstitutional in less than a century. For now, the Court is content with taking away some of the coercive influence the ACA had on the balance of federalism, but have also decided the mandate is fine under federal taxing power. So for now, that's the law. Politicians don't decide constitutionalism. Neither do retired attorneys or outspoken political activists. Those appointed to the Court of last resort do, and that's the decision at the moment. Blame Marbury v. Madison, one of the greatest stretches of government power to ever occur in the history of the USA.

• Like 4

Lol this thread

Im going to start posting factual issues many of you will find interesting. next will be Washington DC and who owns it exactly and why..

lets not... and to that last part if I buy a bunch of 10 year bonds, I can't just call up and demand my money back + interest before the 10 years. So other countries buying our debt is not that big of a deal because they cannot call up early for it... and people still to this day from other countries still buy them because they realize that the USA is not going anywhere and it is a very safe investment, and that is what we want.

Also..When you study law.. You have to pass the B.A.R. exam to be a lawyer... Google "what does BAR stand for in the bar exam" and read carefully.

thanks

what...

I don't see why people are getting upset over this. This is something that every single person in HG should be concerned about, regardless of your views. It is one of the biggest issues in the country right now. Instead of ignoring politics, maybe try educating yourself. 15-16 is NOT too early to start learning about politics, government, and the way the system works. I didn't start paying attention to this stuff until I was 20-21, I wish I could go back and start paying attention at a younger age.

The more you know...

I am as far to the right as you can be and politics put me in a shit mood and get me fired up so I am not going to discuss this, just putting my two cents in about the thread in general.

I don't see why people are getting upset over this. This is something that every single person in HG should be concerned about, regardless of your views. It is one of the biggest issues in the country right now. Instead of ignoring politics, maybe try educating yourself. 15-16 is NOT too early to start learning about politics, government, and the way the system works. I didn't start paying attention to this stuff until I was 20-21, I wish I could go back and start paying attention at a younger age.

The more you know...

I am as far to the right as you can be and politics put me in a shit mood and get me fired up so I am not going to discuss this, just putting my two cents in about the thread in general.

Because that's the thing, regardless of jax intentions politics always start arguments.

It's one of the few taboos of forum topics that HG has.

Because that's the thing, regardless of jax intentions politics always start arguments.

It's one of the few taboos of forum topics that HG has.

Easy solution, people can choose to not read politics if they can't maturely discuss it.

Mom is a pediatric surgeon going to retire next month do to this.. Im pretty sure she is accurate in her interp of the situation papa...

This isnt some front as i wouldnt just go post something like that and not have facts. That is one of many i found that all say the same deal.

It's odd though how the last few exec orders / laws like the NDAA and the National Defense Resources prep act get passed and you think this isnt the same type of deal.

I guess time will tell..

whatever.. I wont post anything more like this.. Too many people like CNN..instead of reading the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

you know.. what many of us went to serve our country for..

Lastly

the bar exam stands for British Accreditation Regency or esquire.

if theres one thing i learned its that i shouldn't get into a political debate in HG

i'll just state the only reason im alive without 6 figures of medical debt is due to obamacare and not get into my own personal opinions on whats right and wrong with our government

Why don't you people actually read the bill yourself and formulate your own opinions? Or if the law is confusing find an unbiased explanation that doesn't have a republican or democratic ideological viewpoint overbearing their explanation.

Don't ask me though I'm just a filthy libertarian.

MUH WEED

MUH ROADS

QTQxb4a.gif

• Like 1