Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Computer Build Thought And Comments

grave

Ok so im putting this together

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

with a

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

running 16gb memory

what thought do you guys have for a video card? should i run an sli setup with 700's or just run dual 460's oc'd?

Looks good, I just built a new one my self. As for GPU's I went with the Nvidia 770GTX. I love and reccomend Nvidia but Nvidia cards run a little hotter so make sure u have good cooling and airflow. I wana say most cards shut the system down at 105 celcius although Im not sure. Under load the card should be anyware from 40-no more than 80 heallthily. They can run colder too, it all depends.

Also its funny, I was gunna go 16gb of Ram too but when it comes to gaming all you really need is 8. Although nothing wrong when having more. One thing I will warn you about the 700 series is that if u run two monitors the two monitor ports are DVI-D and DVI-I. Took some figuring to get the right adapter.

Over all I stil say Go Nvidia 700 series, grab two if ur gunna do ur SLI.

That's like asking someone why he went for Audi when a Honda would do him just fine. Why? Cuz it's better.

lmao. I like the car reference. But the i7 is more for Photo/Video design. So having a i7 processor wouldn't be all that much needed. All you need really is a i5. But hey, if you got the money for an i7 go ahead and buy it. I'm just pointing out that it's sorta pointless to get an i7 if you're not using it for the purpose it serves. If you get me..

lmao. I like the car reference. But the i7 is more for Photo/Video design. So having a i7 processor wouldn't be all that much needed. All you need really is a i5. But hey, if you got the money for an i7 go ahead and buy it. I'm just pointing out that it's sorta pointless to get an i7 if you're not using it for the purpose it serves. If you get me..

No I don't really get you, because your entire point rests on a generality that is in fact not the case. Yes photo and video design are significantly easier to do with an i7 over an i5, there are a number of games out (or set for release) that are also performing much better with the i7s. And by a number of games, I mean all four battlefields that are apparently being released.

No I don't really get you, because your entire point rests on a generality that is in fact not the case. Yes photo and video design are significantly easier to do with an i7 over an i5, there are a number of games out (or set for release) that are also performing much better with the i7s. And by a number of games, I mean all four battlefields that are apparently being released.

Yeah, good point. I didn't think of it that way. I have a hard time explaining some shit on paper/internet. >:P I thought 1-3 were already out?

Ok you are missing some information that would be helpful...

What is your budget? Why are you upgrading? Why are you buying or even considering buying a 3770k when the 4820k is the same price.....

Why would you consider buying a 460?

And the fuck does everyone think that the word SLI means super awesome performance....

Get one card that runs well and save yourself some headache and comparability issues.

A single gtx 760 can run everything out unless you have a 4k monitor

and AMDs new cards are performing better. I bought a gtx 760 a week ago, but if i was to do it again id grab the R9 280x.

We have a special sub forum for this type of stuff, with some nice stickies

https://hellsgamers.com/topic/80371-template/

I build website and code the gpu performance from the i7 is needed the 460s i have laying around and there isnt a budget per say

the last compuer i built ran me in the 1000s 8) its just what i do....

Oh and i run nothing but Nvidia since i literally burnt a radeon

Edited by grave