Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

League Of Legends Is Dead!! Heroes Of The Storm!

PeNdRaGoN

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well have to see to many variables that we dont know yet, see how the Beta for it goes but ill still prolly see how it is, never been much of a moba fan though,

Me either to be honest. Mobas aren't that great. Im a huge Blizzard fan though. Also excuse the title obviously im over exagerrating a bit.

at first i thought this was a dota 2 thread then i saw the entire title. I highly doubt that HOTStorm will kill off league because blizzard is trying their damndest to make this the most casual friendly moba. Don't want to learn item builds? GREAT THERE ARE NO ITEMS. Suck at last hitting/don't even know what it is? GREAT it only rewards you with more minions to push with. IMO it won't kill league.

tl;dr: BLIZZARD MAKES SUPER CASUAL MOBA. MORE AT 11.

With an active player base of over 13million.

I doubt that League of Legends will be moving anywhere, anytime soon.

Heroes of the Storm is a cry of despair from Blizzard, as they wish to be milking even more money.

It's just a way for Blizzard to follow in the footsteps of the MOBA train (HoN, LoL, DoTA 2 etc.).

With an active player base of over 13million.

I doubt that League of Legends will be moving anywhere, anytime soon.

Heroes of the Storm is a cry of despair from Blizzard, as they wish to be milking even more money.

It's just a way for Blizzard to follow in the footsteps of the MOBA train (HoN, LoL, DoTA 2 etc.).

I wouldn't be calling it a cry of despair. More of throwing their hat into the ring.

League is not going anywhere anytime soon, especially since Riot is really good to their fans unlike blizzard lately with D3 being a huge flop, WoW is dieing, so the only thing that Blizzard has going for itself atm is SC2, and hearthstone which is still in beta and is a pretty casual game.

League is not going anywhere anytime soon, especially since Riot is really good to their fans unlike blizzard lately with D3 being a huge flop, WoW is dieing, so the only thing that Blizzard has going for itself atm is SC2, and hearthstone which is still in beta and is a pretty casual game.

i dont really play blizzard games often, i mainly play league of legends but SC2, WoW, and Hearthstone are some of the most watched games on twitch.tv. They all receive quite a bit of play within the gaming community. Hearthstone also isnt as casual as you may make it out to be. There has been quite a few tournaments with high profile gamers participating in them. As someone who enjoys HoN, Smite, LoL, and Dota2 im not going to shoot down this MOBA till its polished off and ready for release.

Edit: there has been reports that since august of last year, LoL has seen a slight decline in players due to the fact LoL has been quite slow on their meta changes, and also stale gameplay that has been used for quite some time. there are pros who have stated this as their personal opinion as well. although it may be very small and hard to notice within the LoL community, Dota 2 has been getting quite large within player base, tournaments, cash prizes, and gaming awards

sources

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/29/e-sport-of-the-year-dota-2/

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/142m-gaming-prize-is-largest-ever-in-esports-history-8758068.html

http://steamcharts.com/app/570

as stated, league of legends is very fun and i play it more than any other moba currently. Simply saying, the only constant is change.

Edited by Boxer-I-
  • Like 1

i dont really play blizzard games often, i mainly play league of legends but SC2, WoW, and Hearthstone are some of the most watched games on twitch.tv. They all receive quite a bit of play within the gaming community. Hearthstone also isnt as casual as you may make it out to be. There has been quite a few tournaments with high profile gamers participating in them. As someone who enjoys HoN, Smite, LoL, and Dota2 im not going to shoot down this MOBA till its polished off and ready for release.

Edit: there has been reports that since august of last year, LoL has seen a slight decline in players due to the fact LoL has been quite slow on their meta changes, and also stale gameplay that has been used for quite some time. there are pros who have stated this as their personal opinion as well. although it may be very small and hard to notice within the LoL community, Dota 2 has been getting quite large within player base, tournaments, cash prizes, and gaming awards

sources

http://www.pcgamer.c...he-year-dota-2/

http://www.independe...ry-8758068.html

http://steamcharts.com/app/570

as stated, league of legends is very fun and i play it more than any other moba currently. Simply saying, the only constant is change.

Im all for a new MOBA to come out don't get me wrong. It's just League is so big that its gunna take a pretty good release to convince people to switch. Dota 2 and League are basically the kings of esports. Although I think personally League is better than Dota 2, there both great games. Smite is pretty fun as well I'm glad you mentioned that boxer :) I didn't think anyone here played smite. As for Blizzard as a whole there a good company, but Diablo sucked. WoW was good like 5 years ago but now its just such an outdated style of MMO with it's hotbar combat and auto attack. I think when it comes to MMO's now, it needs to be real time combat with collision damage. so you actually have to aim skills and maneuver and dodge out of the way which at the moment there is a small amount of games that do this. (only ones that come to mind that are bigger games are Tera, and Dragons Nest) it just brings so much more skill involved which I think we need more games that require skill. Not spamming 30 different skills based on cooldown timers like WoW. That's why MOBA's are thriving right now. you actually have to be skilled to play those games at a high level. you can actually go somewhere with gaming now by being a dedicated good player/streamer. And I think we should be focusing on picking the game that will represent esport's instead of trying to come out with a new game. League seems like the perfect candidate to do so with its news coverage and huge amount of viewership it has. Releasing new Moba's is only going to drown the idea of esport's becoming big (on TV, bigger live events, more teams, bigger veiwership, more public acceptance of gaming as a sport/career )

Im all for a new MOBA to come out don't get me wrong. It's just League is so big that its gunna take a pretty good release to convince people to switch. Dota 2 and League are basically the kings of esports. Although I think personally League is better than Dota 2, there both great games. Smite is pretty fun as well I'm glad you mentioned that boxer :) I didn't think anyone here played smite. As for Blizzard as a whole there a good company, but Diablo sucked. WoW was good like 5 years ago but now its just such an outdated style of MMO with it's hotbar combat and auto attack. I think when it comes to MMO's now, it needs to be real time combat with collision damage. so you actually have to aim skills and maneuver and dodge out of the way which at the moment there is a small amount of games that do this. (only ones that come to mind that are bigger games are Tera, and Dragons Nest) it just brings so much more skill involved which I think we need more games that require skill. Not spamming 30 different skills based on cooldown timers like WoW. That's why MOBA's are thriving right now. you actually have to be skilled to play those games at a high level. you can actually go somewhere with gaming now by being a dedicated good player/streamer. And I think we should be focusing on picking the game that will represent esport's instead of trying to come out with a new game. League seems like the perfect candidate to do so with its news coverage and huge amount of viewership it has. Releasing new Moba's is only going to drown the idea of esport's becoming big (on TV, bigger live events, more teams, bigger veiwership, more public acceptance of gaming as a sport/career )

ok so theres so much stuff wrong with your post i'm only gonna focus on the league part here. No company is trying to advance esports as their MAIN FOCUS. companies exist for one reason. TO MAKE FUCKING MONEY. what blizzard is doing is throwing their proverbial hat in the ring and will (i assume through microtransactions) try to make some form of profit with their new game. If any company advances esports as a legitimate career (it kinda is one already TBH) it is only their secondary focus. Blizzard, historically, makes great games. Diablo 3 was a hiccup in an otherwise flawless run of amazing games. and you say that WoW is outdated, while i agree it is still the "best" MMO out there in terms of amount of people playing it and having a consistent formula that works.oh and the competitive world first raiders in WoW are quite skilled in that game. yes they're just watching timers but they're also doing a lot of calculations based on their class/spec/boss they're currently fighting as well as worrying about min/maxing with other things. But that is for another time and another post.

tl;dr COMPANIES EXIST TO MAKE MONEY NOT TO MAKE CAREERS.

Edited by BluHorse

and you say that WoW is outdated, while i agree it is still the "best" MMO out there in terms of amount of people playing it and having a consistent formula that works.

On this I would disagree. I would have to say that EvE has the most consistent formula that works, as you have a huge amount of EvE players still playing after 10 years, whereas most WoW players migrate on somewhere else in a much shorter span of time.

On this I would disagree. I would have to say that EvE has the most consistent formula that works, as you have a huge amount of EvE players still playing after 10 years, whereas most WoW players migrate on somewhere else in a much shorter span of time.

Quick name 5 people in HG that have played eve or currently play it. I can name a whole bunch that have played warcraft. i know a few that are just waiting for the next expac before resubbing. i'm not trying to argue about game models or subscribtions in this thread. if you want to talk more about it find me on teamspeak, i also quoted the word best because i personally do not like WoW's model, but it fills that fantasy beat shit with a sword niche with other people I can't seem to find elsewhere.