Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question Of The Day #462

Joey7

What is your closest to death experience.

Mine was when i was dared to jump from one balcony to another when i was at U of M. The balconies are about 5 feet away, and when i went to jump my friend grabbed my ankle and i fell about 3 stories. I thought i broke my back but i was just paralyzed in shock

Similar to Joeys, I was in Germany and was trying to jump to a ladder leading to the roof of the hotel we were in, from our balcony. Long story short, fell three stories to a soft concrete landing, on my back. I then saw the silhouette of my German teacher in a window next to ours looking down as many of my classmates gasped. I climbed a ladder that was near our balcony and waddled to our balcony and jumped into my bed, seconds after Frau ran in. Absinthe, never again.

• Executive Council

Was going ~60mph down the highway, after it had snowed, on a semi-plowed road. It was sunny out, and the snow on the roads was starting to melt. The person in the lane next to me started to drift into my lane. I edged to one side of my lane, caught some ice, and lost control. My car went across traffic, and spun into the snow-filled ditch on the side of the road (facing traffic). I was able to get out of the driver side thanks to the nice path my car cleared in the snow, and started shoveling out my car until a tow truck could come (always carry a shovel). after about 10 min, highway patrol came by, and helped me clear out my car, and after some work and the assistance of the sheriff, stopping traffic so they could get traction, etc, I was able to drive away, car undamaged. I still have no idea how everything turned out alright, but I nearly shat myself the whole rest of the 3 hour drive.

• Like 1