Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Repeat Offenders

carnie angst

Would like to get some clarification from the powers that be. Suppose a player has been warned, kicked, and then temp banned for a certain offense. Could be mic spamming, racism, or general disrespect and douchbaggery. After this penalty that the player has served for his particular infraction, he comes on the next day and does the exact same thing. Does he get to go back to warn-->kick-->ban, or can we just go straight to ban as this player has a verifiable history of whatever infraction he may be guilty of and already should know better then to do it again? With proof of course.

• Like 2

It depends on the severity of the matter, warning/kicking is to tell them what they are doing wrong, banning is when they continue to do it even after they know that it is wrong. In some cases going straight for a ban is okay, like when someone yells into their mic non-stop or saying mutiple racial slurs and have mutiple (3 or more) bans for that same reason. Though in most cases, like a spammer in jailbreak, it is best to do a kick before banning them.

• Like 1

It depends on the severity of the matter, warning/kicking is to tell them what they are doing wrong, banning is when they continue to do it even after they know that it is wrong. In some cases going straight for a ban is okay, like when someone yells into their mic non-stop or saying mutiple racial slurs and have mutiple (3 or more) bans for that same reason. Though in most cases, like a spammer in jailbreak, it is best to do a kick before banning them.

I would think that after warning, kicking, and then banning, they know it's wrong. If not then they should not be let out of their parents basement.

Racism and mic spamming are the transgressions that I'm talking about in particular. I guess that I was asking if I could jump straight to ban if I know a player has already been banned for the very thing that their doing again, and then let you guys determine for how long.

Edited by Carnie
  • Like 2

I'm just gonna use this thread to say something similar. There's a certain player who goes on CSS:JB everyday. The problem is that he seems to talk a lot over the lead, which leads to me and/or other admins having to mute him. Nothing severe like disrespect or racism, but constantly spams. He even admitted to having no control (although I didn't take a screenshot so take this with a grain of salt). It got to the point in which I gave him light bans multiple times (one of them being disapproved due to my overreaction). I'm just saying is having to mute the same person every day is getting tiring because it clearly shows the player knows the rule of not spamming but doesn't seem to care.

Next time instead of muting, kick, then ban if he does it again. Another thing you can do is submit the demos of every time he gets muted for spamming to a ban report and we can handle if from there.

As for jumping straight to a ban it is totally dependent on the history of the person in question and the severity of the situation. Usually repeat use of racism can warrant going straight to a ban.

Next time instead of muting, kick, then ban if he does it again. Another thing you can do is submit the demos of every time he gets muted for spamming to a ban report and we can handle if from there.

As for jumping straight to a ban it is totally dependent on the history of the person in question and the severity of the situation. Usually repeat use of racism can warrant going straight to a ban.

Works for me. Thanks Icon.