Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Video Card Help

creepa

I am still currently using my geforce 260 with my quad core duo 9450 2.6 which i am still not able to upgrade for a while. What is the best videocard i can get for a $120-$140 limit, and how much better is it then my 260. I just wanna get the best i can so i can run some newer games better. Im actually suprised my pc with my 260 can still run almost any current game accept for cod ghost due to not having dx 11.

Thanks again

For your price range I don't see any gains.

The two cards you could grab would be a 650 ti and a amd r7 260x, unfortunately these will give you no gains.

Thats for a new card.

Now used if you could track down a 560 ti (what jake mantioned) that would give you an actual gain in fps. There are a few on ebay (some new some used) the only issue would be warranty.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13713/geforce-gtx-260-vs-geforce-gtx-650-ti/ Link to a few comparisons to the ones I listed. The 560ti beats it by a decent amount.

For your price range I don't see any gains.

The two cards you could grab would be a 650 ti and a amd r7 260x, unfortunately these will give you no gains.

Thats for a new card.

Now used if you could track down a 560 ti (what jake mantioned) that would give you an actual gain in fps. There are a few on ebay (some new some used) the only issue would be warranty.

http://www.hwcompare...rce-gtx-650-ti/ Link to a few comparisons to the ones I listed. The 560ti beats it by a decent amount.

Why do you say the 650Ti would give him no gains? Isn't the 650Ti a waaay better card than the 260?

Why do you say the 650Ti would give him no gains? Isn't the 650Ti a waaay better card than the 260?

The 260 is a great card for less than dx 11. It was a power house for its time. It was considered to be like the gtx 770 is now. The 650 on the other hand is a mid ranged card that was midranged priced. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/664?vs=681

the 260 was a power hungry card that pushed through games and still does. Draws a lot more power then the newer cards, but still gets things done.

The 260 is a great card for less than dx 11. It was a power house for its time. It was considered to be like the gtx 770 is now. The 650 on the other hand is a mid ranged card that was midranged priced. http://www.anandtech...duct/664?vs=681

the 260 was a power hungry card that pushed through games and still does. Draws a lot more power then the newer cards, but still gets things done.

Oh shit. I looked at the benchmarks. They are close together in some ways. But they are sorta even. But I'm loving my 650Ti. Do you think I made the mistake of getting the Asus 1GB 650Ti? Like should I have gotten the 2GB 650Ti? idk I just like Asus for some reason..

Oh shit. I looked at the benchmarks. They are close together in some ways. But they are sorta even. But I'm loving my 650Ti. Do you think I made the mistake of getting the Asus 1GB 650Ti? Like should I have gotten the 2GB 650Ti? idk I just like Asus for some reason..

The extra memory really doesnt add to fps when you are running 1080p or less.

The extra ram really only helps when you get surround or eyefinity set ups or larger resolutions.